Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Default So why not use your debit card to deposit?

I've been using my debit card from my bank to deposit to PStars, FT, and UB. Is it that my bank doesn't block these types of transactions? Has anybody tried?

The difference may be is that my bank is a local credit union. Not a big bank like US Bank. So why not try to setup an account at a credit union? It might be worth it.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: So why not use your debit card to deposit?

I have been using my debit card(visa/bank of america) since i started playing poker. First at party poker, then at about 10 different poker sites. I currently play at bodog and stars, been using this method the whole time. I did set up a neteller account, but im not sure why. I just cash out via e-check/eft, simple as that. I've been playing for approximately 14 months.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:37 AM

hmmmmmm
Old 01-18-2007, 10:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been using my debit card from my bank to deposit to PStars, FT, and UB. Is it that my bank doesn't block these types of transactions? Has anybody tried?

The difference may be is that my bank is a local credit union. Not a big bank like US Bank. So why not try to setup an account at a credit union? It might be worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

smaller banks, especially credit unions, are often too disorganized and sloppy to put the block on these transactions. I personally could use my debit card until a few of the credit union members went busto on their entire accounts over a gambling site. then they shut it off.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

smaller banks, especially credit unions, are often too disorganized and sloppy to put the block on these transactions. I personally could use my debit card until a few of the credit union members went busto on their entire accounts over a gambling site. then they shut it off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why worry about something if it doesn't happen?

It's all about finding the next "work around".

I'm not concerned about another credit union member going bust. And I'm sure my bank isn't either. Heck I even called my credit union this morning asking about about my pending transactions (I knew what they were). She mentioned FT without missing a beat. Asked if there was anything else, and I said no.

I'm just giving you the seeds. If you choose whether or not to plant them is up to you.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:52 AM

your credit union is very concerned about members losing their accounts to gambling. remember that the vps of those little banks are very squeamish about their members money getting taken from them, even if its a fair removal of funds. i fought w. my credit union for a long time on all of this.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:14 AM

Using debit cards issued through big national or regional banks doesn't work. I've tried Key Bank, BoA, Soverign Bank, Eastern Bank. All give the same denial message as if I was trying to use a credit card. FWIW. You may be able to work this if you have a smaller local bank/credit union, I was able to use a debit card when I went through a local bank when I lived in western NY (Jamestown Savings), but that was like 18 months ago now, so I can't say for sure.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
your credit union is very concerned about members losing their accounts to gambling. remember that the vps of those little banks are very squeamish about their members money getting taken from them, even if its a fair removal of funds. i fought w. my credit union for a long time on all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you, one is not like the other.

So you had a problem with your credit union. That doesn't mean that anyone else would. Why generalize?
Old 01-18-2007, 11:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can assure you, one is not like the other.

So you had a problem with your credit union. That doesn't mean that anyone else would. Why generalize?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah stop bashing credit unions. BTW most gambling sites don't label their transactions "gambling" so they aren't stopped [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Why would a bank stop an electronics purchase.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:48 AM

I have 4 different credit cards and 3 different debit cards (2 from same bank). None of them will work on any of the poker sites. I have always used Neteller, so not sure what I will use from now on. Just waiting to see everything shake out.