Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 03:11 AM

Default QQ pre-flop

UTG is tight
CO is 26/10 in 20 hands, and short-stacked (~$20)
SB is 32/10 in 50 hands, and he and I have been tangling a bit. Mostly he's been pushing me out of pots.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $26.25</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $70.35</font>...
Old 01-18-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: QQ pre-flop

p.s. I cover, but barely.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:45 AM

If CO is shortstacked, I usually 4-bet to isolate against him, you don't wanna call and have to be faced with this. It could be a squeeze, but he could have a hand and you have to guess. I probably 4-bet to 20 and praaaaaaaay they all fold. As played though, it's pretty sick and I think you can fold having invested only $6.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:53 AM

Christmas was in late December!
Old 01-18-2007, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG is tight
CO is 26/10 in 20 hands, and short-stacked (~$20)
SB is 32/10 in 50 hands, and he and I have been tangling a bit. Mostly he's been pushing me out of pots.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $26.25</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $70.35</font>...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just list stack sizes next time. If UTG is tight and the shortstack raises like that I'm folding this pre flop. The shortstack allows the utg to play perfectly post flop so its wa/wb situation. If you 4bet, utg is going to push aa/kk and fold anything else. tough spot.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 AM

At the time, I was happy with how I played it since SB looked like a very possible squeeze. But in retrospect, I think I have a clear fold because SB knows that short-stacked CO is "obviously" going to call (and I think we were all surprised when he didn't), so it can't be a total squeeze because SB at least has something he wants to go heads up with.

Anyhow I got called by AK and lost the race.

I was actually most worried about UTG in this hand, which is why I only smooth-called CO's re-raise. I figured I'd let UTG re-pop with AA/KK and I'd get away then. If he just called, then I'm pushing any safe flop.

SB just totally confused me and screwed me all up. And once UTG and CO were out, I then decided I must have the best hand... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 AM

sounds like you decided correctly and lost a race as a favorite, i mean in this spot you played perfectly and still lost you had an edge and put the money in there and got as much in as you could, in retrospect the cards were exactly what you thought they were and you got unlucky cest la vie