Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 01:29 AM

Default TT call down

CO is 15/4/1 over 50 hands, no reads.
SB is 24/16/3 over 400 hands, lots of reads. I'm sure I'll be posting more hands with this guy soon. Huge preflop raising range including small PP, Axs, and suited connectors. Bets flops first in with small PP or bottom pair, then cbets to river.

I don't think I can fold to SB alone but should I fold given that tight CO is calling along? I know I should have raised flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (8.8SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (5.9BB, 3 players)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.9BB, 3 players)

Results:
Final pot: 11.9BB
Old 01-18-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: TT call down

i imagine this CO pussy cold calls you with JJ-99 and some big aces
SB doesn't look too crazy (looks like he thinks he is playing 6max)

I would most likely raise the flop (forces the pussy to do something more than just call 'another' bet) - i doubt SB will not 3bet you without AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] top pair or a big AA-KK, JJ ... I would assume he would wait to check raise with QQ

if CO cold calls two I would most likely think JJ or A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]KJ [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ... maybe KQ too

if SB 3balls and HU ... well, a fold is probably best unless you think he would do such hold a worse hand than mentioned (but I would probably pay off)

if sb 3balls and CO cold calls ... I fold the turn

edit: don't be a "JOKER" keep your hands posts low (2 is alright though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])
Old 01-18-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I should have raised flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think thats all that needs to be said. This hand can play out so differently after you make the flop raise.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit: don't be a "JOKER" keep your hands posts low (2 is alright though [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

done and done. I had problems getting on the forum for a few days so I was keen to get a couple hands up right away.
Old 01-18-2007, 03:36 AM

I think the flop is the key decision with this hand. Given your read on the SB you may be ahead of his range of hands here so i raise. This will also tell you how much the pre flop cold caller likes his hand by forcing him to call 2 more cold, 3-bet or get out of the way. Raise it up to protect your hand.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:23 AM

**GRUNCH**

Why no cap preflop? Given you reads on villain, I would be very inclined to 4-bet it and make CO call 2 cold. Knocking him out would be very nice.

Flop call is where you got yourself in tight spot, and you already said that yourself.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:08 AM

:grunch:
Pants.

I think you're right to call down SB but as you say, it's the CO that's an issue. And yeah, I'd have bet the flop in case CO whiffed on AK or something.

So, CO cold-called your raise, then the 3bet. What would he do this with? A strong PP or AKos to AJs probably. He's most likely not an Axs or Kxs due to his tight stats.

The flop isn't a total disaster for you. If this tight CO was on AA-QQ or AQ he'd probably be raising the flop. So maybe AK or JJ? His lack of aggressiion here suggests that he doesn't have a massive over-pair but that he's still looking okay. kind of like you! Course, he's not a super aggro player, so maybe he's got something like TPTK but he's a bit passive.

If you'd raised the flop you'd have had a bit more information about CO's hand. As played you konw from his pre-flop play that he might have a better pair than you or he might be on AK-AJ.

Turn is probably a blank. SB might be on a straight draw but it is unlikely that CO is. Your TT are still only beat if someone's on a Q or a better PP.

But from this point on, the best you could have is top pair. you're not exactly getting good enough pot odds to call down with only 2 outs. you might already be beat by CO.

I think you should have folded the river. By now the over-aggressive SB could be on a flush, a straight, or he might have a legitiamte holding. Meanwhile, CO has called every street but not raised. If he was on AA-QQ he'd have bet long ago, but if he was on weaker than AQ, he'd have buggered off earlier. I think your TT is no good.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
**GRUNCH**

Why no cap preflop? Given you reads on villain, I would be very inclined to 4-bet it and make CO call 2 cold. Knocking him out would be very nice.

Flop call is where you got yourself in tight spot, and you already said that yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer not capping PF ...

1/CO is unlikely to fold
2/if you do cap pre-flop SB likely checks to you ... CO now gets correct odds to call 1 bet to him (with whatever) ... if SB c.r raises you will most likely have a tough time folding in a now very large pot

calling here enables you to raise SB's likely flop lead - forcing CO to make a tough decision (and also reveals more about him hand)
Old 01-18-2007, 10:50 PM

*grunch*

SB doesn't look too too nutty if he's raising 16% of hands. Also recognize that sometimes villains raise light, but have a normal reraising range.

If he's as light as you say, I would cap preflop. I would also raise the flop. If CO sticks around after all that, you are in trouble. The hand plays differently from there.