Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 AM

Default Re: Neteller Alternatives Info

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any potential problems with cashing a check that was mailed to you? I just have this fear of having a nice check from Pokerstars that the bank won't accept since it's from a gambling site.

[/ QUOTE ]

for like the third time in the last 20 min. no, paper checks aren't covered under the new law. Banks don't reject checks for no reason. I've never heard of a bank refusing to take a pokersite check.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are there any potential problems with cashing a check that was mailed to you? I just have this fear of having a nice check from Pokerstars that the bank won't accept since it's from a gambling site.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's no reason to believe this. There have been very few reports of hassles/problems cashing checks, let alone actual rejections.

fwiw I once got a bit of a run-around w/ a Crypto check from some bank in Cyprus, but they of course cashed it.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the bank cant tell.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:31 AM

In order to withdraw by check, FT requests that I send them a copy of a utility bill (to verify that it's me); however, my utility bills are in the name of my roommate. So, any ideas of other forms of mail that they'd except as verification? It sucks that they don't have a phone service like Party did.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys all recommend I do to make a one time deposit of around 140$, withdrawals and such aside?

[/ QUOTE ]

Instant e-check. Still available until the bank regulations come out, as simple as paying a bill by check over the phone, and the funds are in your poker account instantly.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What would you guys all recommend I do to make a one time deposit of around 140$, withdrawals and such aside?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure this is the right forum for this question... I'd check the "Internet Gambling Forum" for a more thorough discussion.

Quickly tho, i have FullTilt, PokerStars, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet. I prefer them in that order. Both PS and FT have nice deposit bonuses, good game selection, and nice interfaces.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PS has nice deposit bonuses

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 AM

I can't understand why anyone wouldn't use echecks only right now, unless the poker site doesn't accept them. Echecks are fish and professional player friendly.

When the regulations come out, we'll reevaluate the situation. But for the time being, the existing ewallet alternatives are not very attractive.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:21 AM

What I'm really wondering about are which fees are paid by the poker sites and which aren't. Isn't there a fee for Instant eChecks? Do the sites cover this? I don't like the idea that everytime i move my $ around, i have to pay a whole 5% of it each time with epassporte. As I'm looking through stuff, it looks like Click2pay is the only one that is really like Neteller, without any bs fees.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't understand why anyone wouldn't use echecks only right now, unless the poker site doesn't accept them. Echecks are fish and professional player friendly.

When the regulations come out, we'll reevaluate the situation. But for the time being, the existing ewallet alternatives are not very attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

the e check didn't sound bad so i tried the min deposit on stars (to set it up for withdrawals), they said echeck not available at this time... then i tried it on tilt, i filled out all the info including drivers liscense # routing # etc. the min dep of 50 came back denied (bank of america) then i tried it again with a completely diff checking acct at a diff bank (usaa) same thing, deposit denied...

has anyone in fact had success with this method? i wonder if it could be my banks (they are pretty major banks) maybe the smaller ones will allow echecks? not sure what is going on...