Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Neteller Update...

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, people will just switch over to Click2Pay or something like that to transfer their money over, no?

Not the end of the world. You guys act as if online poker will cease to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

SUB,

I didn't see anyone say online poker will cease to exist, EXCEPT YOU! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

While it is not the end of the world, Neteller's actions are a SIGNIFICANT event...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Neteller conversation

Hi all,

Just had a chat with Neteller, and wanted to share. Dont know if anyone is in my situation, so take it for what its worth.

My situation is I had deposited $5000 on Sunday, the money is no longer in my bank account but the EFT is still pending. No sweat, this usually takes a week, but wanted to check whether there would be a problem....last answer is not encouraging.

Marcella: Hello.
xxx: Hello Marcella
Marcella: We are experiencing some major delays right now.
xxx: OK, Im talking about the transaction I made on Sunday where the money has already left my bank account.
xxx: Will that $5,000 still appear in my Neteller account in a reasonable timeframe given the money has left my account? Understand that there are delays around withdrawals right now.
xxx: Are you still there?
Marcella: Sorry, I cannot say when the funds will reach your NETeller account. We are trying our best to get some answers.
xxx: Where is the money then? Because the funds have already left my bank account. Is there any way to reverse the transaction?
Marcella: Unfortunately we cannot reverse right now. We are wiating for updates.
xxxx: Wow. OK, so I just dont have my $5000 then, that's unfortunate.
xxxxx: Is the problem that third-party processors will not do business with Neteller right now or is there a liquidity issue?
Marcella: You can view any updates at http://updates.neteller.com.
xxxxx: Yeah, Ive read that, none of that helps answer my question. Frustrating, I know you guys are in a tough spot here, but frustrating on my end since the money is out of my account and is apparantly going to disapper into the ether.
Marcella: We don't know what is going to happen at this point. We are waiting for updates.
xxxxx: Can you assure me I will be paid in full?
Marcella: I cannot make any promises.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:41 AM

Whoa, kinda scary. =\
Old 01-18-2007, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all,

Just had a chat with Neteller, and wanted to share. Dont know if anyone is in my situation, so take it for what its worth.

My situation is I had deposited $5000 on Sunday, the money is no longer in my bank account but the EFT is still pending. No sweat, this usually takes a week, but wanted to check whether there would be a problem....last answer is not encouraging.

Marcella: Hello.
xxx: Hello Marcella
Marcella: We are experiencing some major delays right now.
xxx: OK, Im talking about the transaction I made on Sunday where the money has already left my bank account.
xxx: Will that $5,000 still appear in my Neteller account in a reasonable timeframe given the money has left my account? Understand that there are delays around withdrawals right now.
xxx: Are you still there?
Marcella: Sorry, I cannot say when the funds will reach your NETeller account. We are trying our best to get some answers.
xxx: Where is the money then? Because the funds have already left my bank account. Is there any way to reverse the transaction?
Marcella: Unfortunately we cannot reverse right now. We are wiating for updates.
xxxx: Wow. OK, so I just dont have my $5000 then, that's unfortunate.
xxxxx: Is the problem that third-party processors will not do business with Neteller right now or is there a liquidity issue?
Marcella: You can view any updates at http://updates.neteller.com.
xxxxx: Yeah, Ive read that, none of that helps answer my question. Frustrating, I know you guys are in a tough spot here, but frustrating on my end since the money is out of my account and is apparantly going to disapper into the ether.
Marcella: We don't know what is going to happen at this point. We are waiting for updates.
xxxxx: Can you assure me I will be paid in full?
Marcella: I cannot make any promises.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty sick.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol spammers

[/ QUOTE ]

Even worse, spamming for PP in a thread being read primarily by US customers, and clearly being actively posted in by a mod [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

May have been my fastest spam ban... unfortunately, I can't delete his post... sigh (I expect a Leg mod will clean it up shortly)

[/ QUOTE ]

Not as soon as I would have liked, but...

[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted. In a moment you will be automatically returned to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 AM

Yeah, Im hoping the legal team has clamped down and told them not to comment on anything, because on its face this doesnt sound good.

Wasnt really worried until the last comment....but that's not good.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 AM

I think Marcella was told not to make any promises, but obviously isn't using common sense in her wording here. I had a similar chat where neteller charged my account twice for the same deposit. I was told the charges couldn't be reversed and there was no timeline for when I would be credited back. I was credited later that day.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not as soon as I would have liked, but...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Perf... much appreciated... its been a hectic day [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 AM

So who's the mostly likely target from Poker Stars for the feds to nab next? Are any of their execs in the country? Any former founders? Lee Jones isn't the most Costa Rican sounding name I ever heard. Maybe they'll just go after his family like the Mafia does. Raymer/Moneymaker/Hachem safe?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 AM

OK, that makes me feel a little better, thanks.

Hopefully its just CYA orders, which makes some sense.

Not trying to cause panic, was just surprised not to get the "your funds are safe and secure in a segregated account" response and figured people could interpret as they see fit based on their experiences.

Crossing my fingers.....
Closed Thread