Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: So I guess I\'ll just lose the 30K I just sent from stars to Netell

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
holla, i almost [censored] my knickers when i started to see this nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read the Leg. forum and not the zoo. Listen to people that have been around a while and aren't panicking. This law has been analyzed tons. It's not at likely to stop online gamboling. You will always be able to find a way to get your money and deposit your money the question is how difficult it will be and how much it will effect the fish. I think the games will be fine if not as good in the near future. Others take a more pessimistic view. Time will tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

understood. read teh leg forum but i first found out about this from a BBV post and got nervous, since i have almost no money besides my online roll. time to go 4 table

phew
Old 01-18-2007, 12:25 AM

Any idea how you can move from Neteller into another ewallet like click2pay or ePass since you cant deposit into a poker room now?
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any idea how you can move from Neteller into another ewallet like click2pay or ePass since you cant deposit into a poker room now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Netelller --> Bank acc.

Bank acc. --> C2P
Old 01-18-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Google it, pretty sure there are middlemen out there. Expect to get raped by fees, and a non-negligible chance of getting scammed.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Default Re: So I guess I\'ll just lose the 30K I just sent from stars to Neteller?

[ QUOTE ]
We have all been working under the assumption that if you present the teller at your bank with a check from Poker Stars Inc. that they will cash it for you or deposit it.

It might be nice if someone can confirm that they will accept such a check as they still have to accept a transfer of money from the 'gambling site' to cover that check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to cash checks from pokerstars quite frequently about 4 years ago, they were from some random bank in Canada if I recall correctly... They weren't exactly broadcasting a pokerstars.com logo all over the checks back then so im sure they'll be even more careful about it now...

US banks are not interested in trying to trace where funds from the billions of checks they handle on a daily basis have in fact originated from...

As far as the future is concerned, most experts believe it's far too costly for banks to ever implement any sort of tracking system for paper checks...

The governments priorities are so far out whack at this point though, you never know what these idiots are capable of trying to do next...
Old 01-18-2007, 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Netelller --> Bank acc.

Bank acc. --> C2P

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured this method would work. But wouldnt that look like money laundering? Not that I'm an expert on money laundering, thats why I asked.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Google it, pretty sure there are middlemen out there. Expect to get raped by fees, and a non-negligible chance of getting scammed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most pokersites covered NT 8.9% insta cash fee. They will likely do the same for other sites or use promotions to cover the fee indirectly.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:49 AM

I was referring to NT--->C2P/ePass, Leader.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Netelller --> Bank acc.

Bank acc. --> C2P

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured this method would work. But wouldnt that look like money laundering? Not that I'm an expert on money laundering, thats why I asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. People move lots of money all the time. Unless the government believes you're involved in illegal activity (I don't mean playing poker online) or don't pay your taxes, they aren't interested in what you're doing with your money.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: So I guess I\'ll just lose the 30K I just sent from stars to Neteller?

Brag Post?