Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 AM

Default Mislead by Full Tilt Bonus advertisement

I dove into a deposit at Fulltilt since they are honoring U.S. customers. With my job and routine during the winter i rarely have anytime to play online poker at all. I saw they have a 100% match bonus up to $600. What they don't tell you is that they only give it to you in certain incriments depending on what your original deposit was and the level of ring games you play at. If I knew that I wouldn't have even bothered at this moment untill I had more time to devote and a little more money to throw into it. Anyone else thinking of taking advantage of this offer, realize it doesn't work as claimed. Just like anything gotta read the small print.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Mislead by Full Tilt Bonus advertisement

wrong forum.. bad post.

honestly, who doesn't read the bonus requirements before doing a bonus? and on top of that you're complaining that you get the bonus in increments - would you rather get the $600 at once in the end?
Old 01-17-2007, 11:21 AM

The ONLY thing I missed about the FT bonus, was your point.

1) The "fine print" is readily available on the website and easy to undertand
2) Clearing in increments is a "GOOD" thing
3) In the 8 months you have been here (2+2), SURELY you have read threads about the FT bonus. It has been discussed to death repeatedly.
4) You cannot blame FT for you not making an effort to read the terms.

Having said all this, I you are not able to clear the entire bonus in the time allowed ... just clear what you can and let the rest die. It's not a big deal. FT periodically has reloads that are similar, FYI.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:35 AM

It looks like they tell you right there on the page about the bonus

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/depositBonusDetails.php

[ QUOTE ]

The bonus amount will be automatically credited to your Bonus Account where it will be held and released to your cash account in increments of 10% of your initial deposit, or $20, whichever you earn first. So if you do a one-time deposit of $100, each $10 (10%) earned will be instantly released into your account. Deposit the full $600 and your account will get credited for each $20 of bonus earned. At three points per hand, each $20 increment can be earned in fewer than two hours of play at only one table.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-17-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just like anything gotta read the small print.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true. Why didn't you?? It was all spelled out in black and white, if you had bothered to read.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:50 PM

Yes I understood everything before i signed up. All i was doing was commenting on the fact you read all these banners and see the ads in the magazines. But it's not that great of a bonus as claimed. I didn't say i was ripped off or anything. No need to jump all over my comment. Was just making that for anyone else who might sign up after seeing those full tilt banners.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes I understood everything before i signed up. All i was doing was commenting on the fact you read all these banners and see the ads in the magazines. But it's not that great of a bonus as claimed. I didn't say i was ripped off or anything. No need to jump all over my comment. Was just making that for anyone else who might sign up after seeing those full tilt banners.

[/ QUOTE ]

most bonuses work in a similar way..poker sites are not in the business of giving away money without anything in return
Old 01-17-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't that great of a bonus as claimed? 100% up to $600 is pretty sweet, and was the main reason I took my business there...temporarily.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM

didnt take me long to clear by intial deposit bonus, I dont know how in the world it could be cassified as not a good thing. Free money is usually a good thing.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:09 PM

sounds like you are just new to bonuses. All the sites have stipulations on their bonuses. SOme are better then others. FTP's use to be one of the worst(slow and tedious compared to other sites) but now that they are one in a handful of sites catering to americans, the bonus is probably one of the best. Anyways, just remember this next time you sign up for a bonus. They usually have time restrictions, play through restrictions, and restrictions on stakes played.