Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Re: MTT software

I will try to explain my question again. I don't think it is a dumb one. May be it sounds like dumb because of my bad english. Lets try again:

what should the soft do... it should count the same as on this page of Harrington vol3. But not for 4 player but for n players.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:58 PM

Your original question should have been "Is there software that can tell me the probability for finishing in each place...?"

I don't know.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:00 PM

No. Too many variables, stop asking this question, no software exists. If you want it so bad make it yourself. You'll easily see that the more players you add the more difficult it gets and the less definitive answers (everyone has roughly the same chipstack which is usually the avg).

You still haven't answered my question. How do you expect this to help you in any way?
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM

Google "ICM calculator"
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You still haven't answered my question. How do you expect this to help you in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well...let's play devil's advocate here for a second and say it could be done. By inputing variables such as chipstack, participants left, payout structure, etc you can come up with an equity for each tournament. Is there a strategy shift that should take place based on your current equity? I'm not saying there is, but perhaps it's worth thinking about.

Maybe this would help someone who is multi-tabling dozens of tournaments and decides to focus on the ones with the highest equity. My guess is that you really don't need a program figure out what tournaments should be on your main monitor but i'm just a guy who plays 2 or 3 tourneys at a time (and struggles with even that many).

I'm also thinking there is a bot-angle here too but i guess a bot can incrementally add tourneys without affecting the quality of play, nullifying the need for such a program.

And finally, if there was a market to buy current tournament positions you could use a program like this to determine the fair price for a current seat and then sell it to the highest bidder. Of course, that market doesn't exist but it would be another reason to determine your current equity. It is a very strong parallel to financial analysis of a company. Instead of predicting earnings from sales and other variables that effect sales and putting a price on an equity based on your findings, you are predicting earnings from winnings and other variables that effect winnings.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:28 PM

It may help me to understand how should I play with an average stack for the final table but when there are 50 players left - should I keep playing agressive, or play tight till the final table.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:32 PM

Funny that you mention this beenben, for today I announced the following discovery:

"I have discovered, along with Mr. Chan, the "perfect way" to play poker by numerically defining EVERY possible situation involving "the factors". Much to our surprise, the answer was hidden deep within pi. (who knew movies could be accurate) We have condensed this 2,439 page report into a 4X6 cheat sheet index card available for purchase. Of course the price of such an object is undetermined at this time and will most likely be sold at auction (leaning towards Ebay). I took the liberty of issuing insurance through the Lloyd's of London to authenticate the relevance and safety of said oject."
Old 01-17-2007, 03:33 PM

This thread started out funny and then just went downhill so fast. Friend must really be dense.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM

jelly, THANK YOU
Old 01-17-2007, 03:49 PM

yw, just do not expect that you can find a multi-table variation of this.