kate 82 71.93%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: January (nc)**

I play at Classic Poker, a Crypto skin.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:25 PM

im goin to tha north carolina clemson basketball game tonight YAYAYAYAYAYA look for me on espn. maybe ill streak or sumtin [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 02:34 PM

Wow, 2K+ hands! I'll be lucky if I hit 8K hands this MONTH.

Who here has a full time job? How much do you play (both in terms of playing time and number of hands)? It's tough for me to get a lot of hands in since I'm tired at the end of the day and I only 3-table [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2007, 03:14 PM

Weird moment of the day just happened:

I'm surfing 2+2 in the middle of my class...and a guy in front of me is doing the same thing.

Freaky.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:17 PM

Haha nice Keys.

Hotdog, I don't, but when I did (Wayyyy back in Jan-May of last year) I still got a decent amount of hands in. I was mainly a tournament player, but I would say I got around 1k hands in a day at nl25 along with 5-10 tournaments.

lol 6tablingaments - I ran at 24 ptbb/100 today over my short session. I gotta cut back on tables more often!
Old 01-17-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha nice Keys.

Hotdog, I don't, but when I did (Wayyyy back in Jan-May of last year) I still got a decent amount of hands in. I was mainly a tournament player, but I would say I got around 1k hands in a day at nl25 along with 5-10 tournaments.

lol 6tablingaments - I ran at 24 ptbb/100 today over my short session. I gotta cut back on tables more often!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should really consider playing less hands and maybe even hours per day. I realize you're trying to build your BR fast, but it seems like you are pressuring yourself to play an insane amount of poker. I don't know about you, but I'm not emotionally stable enough to play 4k hands in one day.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, 2K+ hands! I'll be lucky if I hit 8K hands this MONTH.

Who here has a full time job? How much do you play (both in terms of playing time and number of hands)? It's tough for me to get a lot of hands in since I'm tired at the end of the day and I only 3-table [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I work full time and have a fiancee and dog which take up a lot of my time. She exercises for 1 hour every night and watches some entertainment gossip show on TV for 1/2 hour (the fiancee, not the dog), so that's my play time. I play 3 or 4 tables and get in around 300 - 400 hands a night total. I try to play a little more on Saturdays and Sundays.

So far this month I have around 5k hands.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haha nice Keys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should really consider playing less hands and maybe even hours per day. I realize you're trying to build your BR fast, but it seems like you are pressuring yourself to play an insane amount of poker. I don't know about you, but I'm not emotionally stable enough to play 4k hands in one day.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed. stop being a lunatic and 6 or 8 table like a normal human. and then win all tha monies
Old 01-17-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im goin to tha north carolina clemson basketball game tonight YAYAYAYAYAYA look for me on espn. maybe ill streak or sumtin [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
ship it. i just got a ticket and will b sittin in tha clemson student section (wherever that is) and will obv b rockin out in my carolina blue gear. so keep an eye out. if i have time and find some paper or sumtin ill try to get a "Ship It Holla" sigh goin or sumtin balla like that
Old 01-17-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Finished my $250 bonus. Got pretty scrappy near the end and that's it for me and full ring. Tomorrow it's Stars 6-max 25NL with my bonus, move up at ten buyins (but 200NL can wait until I have 4k [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]) and see how it goes.
20k hands in under a month is a personal best but time for quality over quantity. I know the 25NL full ring games on my current site will always be there if I really need more cash. All you have to do is sit there and people throw money at you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Dear God, I've played 126k hands of full ring NL25. That sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sputum,

Why play at FR if it was torturous? I know there's some reason, I'm just not sure what it is. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I ask because I started on FR thinking it would be better for a noob just learning how to play TAG. However, on 2p2 it's apparent playing FR is very much in the minority. For now I'm still there but am always interested in the points of view of others.
Closed Thread