Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 PM

Default Nut flush on paired board deepish

Villian seemed a little spewy pre-flop but solid, straightforward seeming postflop, stats were something like 31/21, but only after 170ish hands.

(PS I normally fold this preflop, but I called planning to check-raise most flops)

Full Tilt Poker
$2/$4 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $372.50
CO: $828.25
BTN: $367.10
SB: $377.8
Hero (BB): $671.5
UTG: $509.35

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($6, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $14</font>, BTN folds, SB folds, Hero calls $10

<font color="black">Flop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($30, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, CO calls $20

<font color="black">Turn:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($70, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $55</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $110</font>, Hero calls $55

<font color="black">River:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($290, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $200</font>, Hero ?
Old 01-17-2007, 01:20 PM

Default Re: Nut flush on paired board deepish

If you call planning to check/raise flops, I suggest doing it with a rubbish hand that won't connect very often, instead of ending up playing a marginal hand and getting in silly spots.

The river is one of those spots where if you sit down and think "does he have a lower flush or AT n% of the time?" you can come up with reasonable justifications that he does. However, every single time you call, you find he has a fullhouse.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you call planning to check/raise flops, I suggest doing it with a rubbish hand that won't connect very often, instead of ending up playing a marginal hand and getting in silly spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually disagree with this, if I think villian plays sraightforward post-flop, and is too loose preflop. Even out of position, I think I have the best hand most of the time, so the value of the hand is actually worth something. Normally i do fold this one though. But this is exactly why I wouldn't re-raise with this or QJ or something like that (and I re-raise a good amount from the blinds).
Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 PM

you played it strange but fine. now push river