Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Stupid Donks

I hate raising and folding to a 3-bet vs. unknowns. My default is call down here though I think the winning line might be to raise the river or turn.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we not assume that an unknown checkraises a queen here more often than not? That's more how I'd play an unknonwn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buck - I think your point is valid, hero is ahead often. But, we have no idea how an unknown plays a queen here. There are a lot of bad players that miss obvious c/r opportunities, because they suck at hand reading and are overcome with the fear of a street checking through. This guy called a raise from SB pf so he's more likely to be a bad player. Maybe he has a queen, he sees 2 queens on the board, he thinks hero can't have a queen and he thinks hero won't bet w/o a queen. I don't know.

My default line is the safe route, calling down, and then making note on villain's turn donks. If I miss a BB by not raising anywhere, then I don't feel bad about it, because I'll be making it up in future hands.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM

in my experience this players have a pair of 4s or 9s or a worse PP. They try to win the Pot roght there. Sometimes he will have the Q but most times not.

I dont like to call down since we often have the best Hand here what do you think about calling the Turn and raising the River? I think some players more likely to call a raise on the River then on the Turn with a worse 2 pair, sure if hes a callingsation raise the Turn but i really dont know what to do if he 3 bets, propably fold. Thats an intersting Hand Sir.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:23 PM

danz-

If we were t oraise the turn (and I'd rather raise the river) I wouldn't feel unbelievably terrible equity wise about calling down his three bet. I'd do it, expect to lose 75% of the time maybe, but his play just looks screwy.