Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Will somebody tell me what the PPA has accomplished?

When I first heard about the poker players alliance, I immediately became a member. I like the idea of having a group formed to represent our interests.

Now I don't know about you, but not only does it seem like they haven't done a thing....it seems like they don't even really update us on what they are doing. I mean, how many e-mails do you get where they tell you what they are working on? Have they met with any senators or congressman and done any actual lobbying??

I have no idea what they have done over the past 12-18 months. Before I send them an angry e-mail. Please educate me on what they have done....because I don't see anything.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Will somebody tell me what the PPA has accomplished?

ummmm....Lots of press releases...some interviews, thats all I can think of, I am not a member and do not intend on becoming one
Old 01-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Looks to me like all they've done is host a pretty web-site. And it's not all that pretty.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummmm....Lots of press releases...some interviews, thats all I can think of, I am not a member and do not intend on becoming one

[/ QUOTE ]

Then don't be shocked when you can never play poker online again.
They might not be the best at fighting for our cause, but they're the only ones doing anything.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 PM

va1halla: ok, what are they doing?
Anything?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:52 PM

how well has your $20 been spent? This thing (PPA) was set up to fail from day one, so far IMHO they are achieving that goal
Old 01-17-2007, 12:58 PM

On a 1-10 scale of effectiveness, I'd give the NRA a 9.5, AARP a solid 8, MADD 7.5....

PPA? 2 would be generous.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Besides the website the PPA has I have seen them or read about them on plenty of media outlets to know they're atleast trying to do something, and I know they have made contributions to some politicians, and They claim to have lobbyists in Washington, Which I guess we'll have to trust them on that one for now.

I'm not saying they are the best organization to represent online poker players, but they are the only ones and the best chance we have at this point and time. The PPA is only 2 yrs old I believe and it takes time to build something like this up. There are way too many people who bad mouth them so others don't join which hurts our cause far more than you can imagine.

Make up your own mind, but I joined them long ago and would again, it's not like we have options here.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anything?

[/ QUOTE ]
Well Besides the website the PPA has I have seen them or read about them on plenty of media outlets to know they're atleast trying to do something, and I know they have made contributions to some politicians, and They claim to have lobbyists in Washington, Which I guess we'll have to trust them on that one for now.

I'm not saying they are the best organization to represent online poker players, but they are the only ones and the best chance we have at this point and time. The PPA is only 2 yrs old I believe and it takes time to build something like this up. There are way too many people who bad mouth them so others don't join which hurts our cause far more than you can imagine.

Make up your own mind, but I joined them long ago and would again, it's not like we have options here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess my main problem with them is, if it's very difficult to build something like this up....then that is fine. But you need to communicate to your members. If they need more money. They need to tell us they need more money. If they need more members. They need to tell us they need more members. Where's the communication? I joined when they first started. I got my t-shirt. And that's just about the last I heard from them. I just want to know what they are TRYING to do.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:48 PM

I have no clue wtf they are doing so I am not going to send anymore money.

I really want to do something, but the lack of communication is sad.