Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 01:09 PM

Default TT after raise and reraise

$50 signle rebuy. ITM, 2 tables left. Big stack raiser has been fairly aggressive, but 4xBB UTG is not a steal.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t4000 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG+1 (t68064)
MP1 (t91342)
MP2 (t83886)
CO (t74513)
Button (t74595)
SB (t36388)
Hero (t96784)
UTG (t159003)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t16000</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t36188</font>, Hero ???
Old 01-17-2007, 01:14 PM

Default Re: TT after raise and reraise

Fold.

You will find better spots to get your money in. SB is not in 'panic' mode being that he just passed through the blinds but you are ahead of his range. Given the possibility of AK you are 50/50 against UTGs range. I am confident that one of them has you dominated too often here to make this a push. If UTG has AK and SB has 99 the oh well, you missed a chance to flip for the chiplead.

You are 25bbs deep, you will find a better spot soon.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 PM

Reads? I'd say easy push after just the 4xBB - why do you say it's not a steal? - but with the SB's push, I'm staying away. Yeah, the SBs range is a lot wider with the blinds, but not enough to justify the all-in AFTER an UTG raise. You have more than enough to wait for a better spot.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:27 PM

I call this only if UTG has been very active and SB has shown a penchant for playing back at him. As described, looks like an easy fold.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Yeah I'd just let it go. How good shape can you really be in? You gotta hope you're against 99 and AT or something to be in REALLY good shape, and even against 99 and AJ, you're a dog. Wait for a better spot.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

You will find better spots to get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just about to say the same thing. Truth is, I don't even love getting my money in here HU vs. UTG (I would, obviously because it's right move, but I don't think we're getting in as a huge favorite very often). The read on SB matters obviously, but if he's anything less than a solid player, you really should be crushed here a lot of the time.

Interesting consideration: can we get UTG for fold JJ and AK if we shove?
Old 01-17-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was just about to say the same thing. Truth is, I don't even love getting my money in here HU vs. UTG (I would, obviously because it's right move, but I don't think we're getting in as a huge favorite very often). The read on SB matters obviously, but if he's anything less than a solid player, you really should be crushed here a lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the 4x tell and the SB push, I can't see UTG folding here, no.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:03 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really. There are some people who fold JJ to that action. I was more asking for betgo's read on him with regards to this as opposed to a blind statement in a vacuum.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, really. There are some people who fold JJ to that action. I was more asking for betgo's read on him with regards to this as opposed to a blind statement in a vacuum.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK I was kind of being a smartass to make a point. Yeah it's not unheard of for JJ to fold, but it's not a fold I ever expect an unknown internet player to make.