Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 06:50 AM

Default NL 50 99

Figure typical 50nl player

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($26.85)
MP ($49)
Hero ($52.10)
Button ($46.05)
SB ($41.10)
BB ($21.25)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $3.50, Button calls $3.50.

Flop: ($17) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $8</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ?
Old 01-17-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: NL 50 99

Read-dependent, and you haven't really given us one... but given that there aren't too many light 3-bettors out there, and that he's betting into two players on the flop, I generally let it go pretty fast.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 AM

I'd still bet flop but after a raise fold to the bigger pair...
Old 01-17-2007, 07:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd still bet flop but after a raise fold to the bigger pair...

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? Villain already bet flop.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 AM

Let's see,

I find this a very tough situation myself, so I'll try to analyze the situation to see where we get!

First I would think about what kind of player SB is. You say he's typical - So you don't have too much info on the guy, so that means caution. Remember, a bit more caution results in only slightly smaller profit, but way less volatility.
Apart from that, let's analyze the situation PF after the SB's RR, should you call?

-you're cards: are quite good, considering the situation, but not super.
-who did he raise: Two LP's, raiser and caller, is he squeezing? I think he would need to raise more for that. So he probably doesn't have a bad hand. Medium cards would likely just call, But a premium hand might like to get some more money in Pre-flop.
-who acts after you: One player who called your raise, and will likely call (and not re-raise) again if you call considering the odds.
-What's your position after the flop?: Medium.
What are your Pot Odds: almost 2.8:1, which is quite worth taking (and 3.8:1 if Button calls).

So you call, but you should be cautious.

Flop: 7s2s5d

That's quite a good flop texture for your 99. It quite likely didn't hit anyone, But the SB knows this too, so it's a great place for a continuation bet (which, if it is one, is a bit on the heavy side for being up aginst 2 players). Now you're likely only beaten by an overpair from the SB, or trips (maybe pocket T or J??) from the button.

SB bets $8, pot: $25, $8 to call

now the situation is tough, you're given 3.1:1 odds to believe that he doesn't have a premium pair, but that he made a continuation bet with something like AsKs.

There are a few factors that are pointing to a dangerous situation: You don't know your opponent, his mini-reraise PF(that can only be seen as a pot sweetener), and the fact that there is one player still to act.

I'd be quite carefull here, and wouldn't mind walking away. I just don't know enough about my opponent, and I don't feel like dumping my entire stack in uncertainty or folding to a raise on the turn when another blank hits the felt.
You could of course think: why would I call 3:1 odds preflop and then lay them when I hit the type of flop I was rooting for, and in that case I would just call to keep the pot small and see what he does on the turn.

Well, those are my thoughts on this tough problem, but maybe my 10 handed play has made me too conservative!
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 AM

He 3bets you after a call from oop so his hand is possibly quite strong. Like AQs, AK, JJ+. His bet on the flop is not even a half pot. I think this makes it look more like two overs. I don't know if a typical NL50 players is capable to put you on missed overs too and makes a small bet to get some value out of you with his JJ+. But anyways you still have button behind you, who called two raises preflop. I don't think you can go to a sd against both of them. I fold here.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:36 AM

Fold. Hit a 9 next time.