Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: If ever there was a doubt about Jamie Gold...

Dammit! I was hoping when Gold said "Anyone know any poker jokes?" that someone, anyone would say "Just you"

Making fun of Jamie Gold - not just fashionable, but fun, too.

edit: well, Jesus almost did it.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:00 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Poker After Dark thread (Week 3 - WSOP Champions)

Did anyone notice that Jamie mentioned that Doyale busted him on HSP? (a sneak of what to come)
Old 01-17-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any chance of doyle's "i hate poker" comment aimed towards gold and the way he carries himself/talks about hands? maybe it was a nice editing job, but he said it right after gold started jabbing

[/ QUOTE ]

It was most definitely an "I hate poker' comment that really said "I hate playing poker against asshats like this guy".
Old 01-17-2007, 02:35 PM

I'm sorry to beat this dead horse, but Jamie Gold is such a pedestrian player it's not even funny. On top of that, his table talk is just transparent.

After a deuce falls on the river, Gold bets out after checking twice and Carlos says that couldn't have helped...
"I either have a king or I have nothing...."
---mmmm....brilliant, Jamie

Then Shana tries to get him to 'open up' with some banter...please God make it stop.

Then old Jamie talking about how he thought 'he was going to be the first one to either double up or go bust' because of his super-aggressive playing style'...
Wh-wh-whaaaat?!......um Jamie, the only time you're super-aggressive is if you have the nuts or mistakingly think you have the nuts. Other than that, you're a calling station.

Sorry for all the hate, but he is easily the worst ME winner ever, including Varkonyi.
Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is in that whiny little sing-song tone of his, too.

He has the precense of a turd floating in the toilet...
Old 01-17-2007, 03:31 PM

"Can I taste your blueberries?"

I've had dreams where Shauna asks me this question.
Old 01-17-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Carlos actually played that hand as well as he could have, seeing as it could've just as easily been an All In situation where he lost.

His blind bet before the flop basically set up a situation where Ferguson was in a perfect opportunity to bluff. Had an ace not hit there, he would've taken down a pretty nice pot. When the ace hit and Ferguson raised Carlos dark bet, Carlos definitely has to "ask the question" to find out if his queens were good since he left the door wide open for a bluff. Unfortunately for him, got his answer when Ferguson pushed in to his (Carlos) $10K reraise and crippled him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is kinduv silly for Carlos to reraise to 10K here. What is he planning on doing? Does he really think Chris is going to bluff on that board on the first hand? I don't know.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:00 PM

I think Carlos played the hand relatively well. The blind bet changed everything. Chris made an outstanding read and play going all in. Most players would have folded AJ on the first hand when Carlos makes it 10k. It sure looks like Carlos has AK.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:54 PM

SPOILER!!!

It was awesome to see Jaimie Gold getting completely pwned by Chris Ferguson. He knew this guy would hang himself if he kept checking his two pair hands. It seems for Jamie Gold he either flops the nuts or acts like he did on every hand.

Moneymaker has been doing very well. He's not getting much action though, it seems the other players are reluctant to mix it up with him. Definitely a nitty bunch. Maybe that's why they've won so much.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Sorry for all the hate, but he is easily the worst ME winner ever, including Varkonyi.
Every single thing that comes out of his mouth is in that whiny little sing-song tone of his, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that his thought process isn't that deep. But would you agree that certain types of bad players will donk off more money to Jamie Gold than virtually anyone else?
Old 01-17-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree that his thought process isn't that deep. But would you agree that certain types of bad players will donk off more money to Jamie Gold than virtually anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

Those Main Even players did it because they've been playing poker for 12+ hours a week for 7 days straight and end up blowing up because they can no longer handle the mental and psychological strain of the event. They just kept on gift wrapping their chips for Gold. It was all right place, right time for Jamie at the ME.

Jamie is playing against proven pro players. He is way, way outclassed. It seems as if Jamie is deluding himself by thinking that he evens holds a candle to these players.