Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: pokerxfactor worth it?

Hey,

I thought this might be relevant to this thread. We've upgraded the PokerXFactor Hand History Analyzer with a new feature ... a graphical representation that shows the ebb and flow of a tournament. Here is an image of it:

Running across the bottom of the PXF HH Analyzer now is a long graph that shows each hand and the pot size (related to the big blind), plus how you did in the hand. We've added "tabs" to this interface that allows you to quickly see the hands you won, lost, or played in certain positions. We'll be adding more sorting features in the near future. When you see a number inserted into a bar graph, that is the pot size times the BB.

We wanted to give everyone a chance to try it out, so we've opened it up for non-PXF subscribers. Just register for free at PXF (or sign in if you have a free account already) and you can upload one full MTT hand history in January. To do this, login at PXF, go to your My Account page, click on My Hand Histories, and click on the Upload button underneath the Multi-Hand History headline.

Here is a full sample:

PXF HH Analzyer with Graphs Sample

Thanks,

mindwise
Old 01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
 is offline

Long-time MTTer non-subscriber here with a few questions:

1) Will this help with your live MTT game or more geared towards only online MTTs?

2) How long is an average video?

3) Videos all come with commentary, right? (As opposed to just being an animated HH).

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Long-time MTTer non-subscriber here with a few questions:

1) Will this help with your live MTT game or more geared towards only online MTTs?

2) How long is an average video?

3) Videos all come with commentary, right? (As opposed to just being an animated HH).

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) They only do online tourneys (obv) but there is at least one from Full Tilt with BelowAbove that is pretty good because of the larger antes. I guess if you feel playing MTTs online helps your live MTT game then it's worth it. IMO, I'd say yes.

3) Average video is ~30-40 minutes. Many of the videos come in series though with anywhere from 2-11 30 minute videos. Most are 3-4 parts long.

3) Yeah, the videos all come with commentary or you can watch the animated hand history and test yourself to see if you would have made the same decisions as the pros. Also, the videos are broken up into live play and HH replays. Some of the videos are recorded live while the tourney is going on and others are HHs of old tourneys. I find the mix nice since it's good to hear the thought process while the tourney is going on but also good to hear more in depth reasoning when they can pause the video and explain things.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:41 PM
 is offline

Good summary, Badger. Thanks!

Hope you're getting commission.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good summary, Badger. Thanks!

Hope you're getting commission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I can get a free month out of Mindwise. *wink* j/k

They run a good site and their videos are higher quality than other sites and their HH replayer is the best out there.

Like many others have said if you play golf or any other sport you pay for practice and equipment. I have no problem dropping the money to pick at some top players minds.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 AM

you pay 150 for a program? or subscription ? and you have to pay each months after?
Old 01-17-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you pay 150 for a program? or subscription ? and you have to pay each months after?

[/ QUOTE ]

The website says it all but basically it's $150 to signup and includes first month membership fees. $24.95 per month afterwards.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:11 AM

The signup fee is a problem for me. At the time I was a member they only had Bax and Sheets vids. I watched most of them, and found they didn't update that much so decided to drop the membership after 2 mths. Now that they have Rizen vids, belowabove, etc... I'd be interested in joining again, but I'm not about to fork out another signup fee. Sry.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The signup fee is a problem for me. At the time I was a member they only had Bax and Sheets vids. I watched most of them, and found they didn't update that much so decided to drop the membership after 2 mths. Now that they have Rizen vids, belowabove, etc... I'd be interested in joining again, but I'm not about to fork out another signup fee. Sry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to touch on the complaint in your post about the lack of videos, since becoming a member back in October they've posted a new video nearly every weekday. There have been a few missed due to holidays and a couple days that nothing was posted, but as far as new content is concerned they definitely provide a steady stream of it. If it was a problem when you were a member then I can say, without a doubt, that it is no longer the case.

I've paid for access to the other 'big' sites and can say from experience that PXF posts the most new content, hands down.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:36 PM

If 150usd still is a big part of your bankroll after 7 months of active play and studying, then you do something wrong and pokerxfactor will definately help out.

If I met a guy who had a 200dlr bankroll and he asked me for advice, I'd tell him to sign up for a membership, watch all the sng material, and start building from there.

Easier, better and more fun than books.