Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $27.20
UTG+1: $21.33
CO: $20.04
Hero: $24.60
SB: $34.63
BB: $15.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, 3 folds, CO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.65, 2 players)
CO checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $12</font>, Hero ...

I was betting 4 here since it probably gives the same result as potting it. Easy fold to the c/r? Atleast thats what I think... Comments.

Players don't do this with TT AFAIK and AK will fold to my bet. AQ? Or most likely JJ or QQ. Hmm
Old 01-16-2007, 11:08 AM

Default Re: KK on bad flop.

AQ, QQ, JJ, 22, that's what I would raise with pre-flop, and those hands I would bet like the villain did. Maybe I'm dumb for doing it with AQ, but hey, what else do I have to do to find out if I'm beat?

I think I would put it all-in, and be prepared to load up again. Last days I've been running into sets with my AA though, that sucked ass [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Maybe a call would be good as well, see if he fires on the turn again. Hmmm yeah, bleh, I'd get stacked here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Any reads?
As is I think its close, I've seen a lot of vilians do this with AQ at this level, read dependent, I likely would have expected a re-raise pre flop with either QQ or JJ.

Fold is probably the right play as you're only on an over pair right now and you're going to get it all in before its over. Its either a fold or a re-raise all in. Probably a fold.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:12 AM

Any reads on your villian?

Raise more PF, I'd make it $4.50...

As played, this is read dependant.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:13 AM

QJ is his most likely holding, although QQ,JJ obviously in his range, perhaps 22, depends on his PFR%. Does he raise often? AQ is in his range occasionally trying to figure out where it stands. I don't think villain slows down even with AQ if you call turn so I think a fold on the flop is fine.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:45 AM

I do 10 tables, but the stats on him are 21/9/0.88
Old 01-16-2007, 11:51 AM

Well that just about takes QJ out of his pre-flop range since you re-raised....still...I think its close, and I would likely tend towards the axiom of not playing huge pots with only one pair.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM

I've seen this with AQ plenty of times. Push all-in, reload or ship it, next hand.

I don't really think this is a bad flop for you. A bad flop for KK is a paired high card or an ace. Whatever happens here, you'll be able to get a note on your opponent that will be useful for next time.