Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Lot of Heat with TPTK vs Solid Regular

Villain in the hand is DirtyLarry for those who play in the Stars 100 6-max tables. He is a solid winning regular of the 20/15/3.5 variety. We've been tangling a lot this session with numerous three-bets by me most of which he has folded pf to so far. He might be steaming a bit but I'm not sure. Comments on all streets welcome.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Hero ($154.70)</font>
BB ($89.55)
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($195.80)</font>
MP ($58.50)
Button ($94)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $15</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls $11.

Flop: ($31) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $20</font>, UTG calls $20.

Turn: ($71) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $45</font>, Hero calls $45.

River: ($161) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $115.8 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls $74.70 (All-In).

Final Pot: $351.50
Old 01-15-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Lot of Heat with TPTK vs Solid Regular

i think ur converter might be broken. Can;t figure out betting sequences etc.
Old 01-15-2007, 02:53 AM

Fixed it, I always accidentally use my FT converter for Stars hands cuz I usually play at FT.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:10 AM

No thoughts? Is this spew or anti-spew? Help a brother out.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:20 AM

Betting the turn makes the rest of the hand easier. With the way you played it I think I can find a fold on the river. He isn't expecting you to call off your stack on a wiffed draw.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:24 AM

I think this is perfectly fine given history. "betting to make the hand easier" does not equate to gaining value from weaker hands.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:14 AM

lead turn for 40. if he calls, c/f river.

if he calls a turn bet, in the best case he will have KQ AQ and checks behind. But you know where you stand and should fold to further action.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:35 AM

Wasn't the flop bet a little light given that:

1) You re-raised PF
2) The flop has hit you about as well as you can hope for
3) The board is sorta drawy and you're giving odds to draw there AND you follow it up with an offer of a free turn card?

If he's a maniac and you're trying to induce him to do what he did, great...but is a solid guy hitting the turn for $45 and pushing on the river with KQ? Seems to me thats precisely what a solid guy would NOT do.

If you came closer to the pot size on the flop, wouldn't that better tell you where you stand? I know it sort of gives your hand away but being out of position, you can't CR the flop and then see his reaction on the turn because you're the one acting first so why not be direct and whack it for the pot on the flop?

It's late, I'm drunk and this may make no sense - sorry if so.
Old 01-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Do you guys usually pot the flop in a reraised pot? I am usually betting 1/2-3/4 of the pot on the flop if it is raised and reraised pf. As for betting the turn I really don't see why I should. If he has a hand like JJ/KQ I don't think he's calling a second barrel but he might put me on an AK type of hand and try to steal the pot or protect his hand with a bet on the turn.

My thinking on this hand was if villain had a better hand like KK/AA/QQ/TT, why wouldn't he raise the flop? I could see KK being afraid of QQ/AA but with our history I think he'd still repop pre or just raise the flop.

I didn't want to bet the turn and have to fold to a raise because I definitely think villain is capable of bluff-raising the turn. Anyway on the river all the draws miss and with his lack of a raise on the flop I felt confident he didn't have me beat. Thoughts?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:43 AM

with two diamonds you might want to pot this on the flop...if he calls decide if he would do that with a flush draw...if not hes got a set of 10s, aq, kq, qj, or less likely aa....id probably check fold the turn and value bet the river....played as you did questionable call on turn and river fold