Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

You should have already boned her 4 times by Monday dude...
Old 01-15-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should have already boned her 4 times by Monday dude...

[/ QUOTE ]
With pics of course
Old 01-15-2007, 11:01 AM

ask her via face book if she wants to study with u for the final (works very well if u seem to be a smart student)
then if she says sure then get her number dont just call if its on face book u gotta actualy ask her for it. Then work ur magic from there but dont be an idiot. If shes feelin ur flow durin the study session ask her if she wants to have dinner next sat (be specific make ur self sound busy and not pathetic) figure it out from there

btw red head is usualy a beat lol
Old 01-15-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ask her via face book if she wants to study with u for the final (works very well if u seem to be a smart student)
then if she says sure then get her number dont just call if its on face book u gotta actualy ask her for it. Then work ur magic from there but dont be an idiot. If shes feelin ur flow durin the study session ask her if she wants to have dinner next sat (be specific make ur self sound busy and not pathetic) figure it out from there

btw red head is usualy a beat lol

[/ QUOTE ]

your like a month too late.

P.S - This thread is what gets me thru rough days
Old 01-15-2007, 08:42 PM

It's Monday night now and you still haven't posted an update - what gives! What kind of person makes someone wait this long for a status update! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can only hope you're too "busy" to write an update.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:51 PM

SSNL xpost:

OK, so I just got back from lunch with redhead!

2pm, she knocks on my door, I invite her in and give her a tour of the place (which I had madly cleaned up beforehand), we leave to go downtown. Ofc I open the passenger side door for her, I park in a garage a few blocks from the restaurant. It's a grill type place, heavily frequented by students, we order a couple burgers (she asks if she can help but lets me pay when I say "nah, I got it"; good sign, I think) and grab a seat. Conversation was good, it turns out we have a lot in common; she really likes sports (especially basketball!) and we have similar music interests. We're both really stoked for the Taking Back Sunday concert at our campus in a couple months (LOL EMO).

So we hang out there for like an hour, walk back to the garage, I get her door again b/c I am a gentleman, we go back to my place. We had been talking about TV shows we like and I was explaining 24 to her, so I showed her some of last night's episode on my 50" HDTV. This also required sitting on my tiny excuse for a couch, which is really a futon, so our shoulders/arms were pressed up against each other but it wasn't awkward or anything, we were still talking/laughing/etc. She really seemed into it and expressed interest in watching in the future. She had to work at 4 (she works at a restaurant) so she took off, giving me a hug (real one, not the wussy one-armed kind) as she left; I didn't think to ask about setting up anything concrete, which I think I should have, but I'll give her a call tomorrow or Wednesday and hopefully won't experience the same delay in getting calls returned that I have in the past. I'm thinking maybe dinner out at a restaurant + The Office (her favorite tv show) + 24 on Thursday (since neither of us have class on Friday)? Too cheesy?

I was kinda hoping poker wouldn't come up, but she asked me if I had a job (I even dodged the real reason why I have 3 monitors when she first asked) and I didn't really feel like lying so I told her about it, and fortunately she seemed to think it was cool.

Overall, I think things went really well. I was a little nervous at first but settled into it pretty quickly, and like I said we seem to have a lot in common, and our senses of humor seem to mesh pretty well as we were able to make each other laugh a lot. I suppose the real test will be going on a real date, so I hope I can make that happen.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll give her a call tomorrow or Wednesday

[/ QUOTE ]
Call Wednesday at the earliest. Don't be the guy who calls back the next day.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking maybe dinner out at a restaurant + The Office (her favorite tv show) + 24 on Thursday (since neither of us have class on Friday)? Too cheesy?

[/ QUOTE ]
For the love of god you're in college, the last thing you should be doing is watching more tv. Get out and do something with her!
Old 01-15-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll give her a call tomorrow or Wednesday

[/ QUOTE ]
Call Wednesday at the earliest. Don't be the guy who calls back the next day.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking maybe dinner out at a restaurant + The Office (her favorite tv show) + 24 on Thursday (since neither of us have class on Friday)? Too cheesy?

[/ QUOTE ]
For the love of god you're in college, the last thing you should be doing is watching more tv. Get out and do something with her!

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree with all of the above, 100%. Do something fun and exciting, use the TV thing to get her alone on the sofa when you think you can make a serious move on her.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:08 PM

Sounds like you got the ball rolling. For your date, pick out a classy restaurant in your area. Try to find out what she likes, e.g Italian, Chinese etc.

This reminds me of Densha Otoko.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like you got the ball rolling. For your date, pick out a classy restaurant in your area. Try to find out what she likes, e.g Italian, Chinese etc.

This reminds me of Densha Otoko.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not well versed in the arts of female seduction and dating, but I think that dinner for a "first date" or in this case, more of a "second date" seems a bit much and puts too much pressure on both parties involved.