Default 25NL: JJ with Overcard on the flop, cont bet called

Villain is 73/15.8/2.1 over 38 hands

How is my play on all streets?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, 4 folds, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3.1, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($7.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($7.1, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $7.1</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $7.1 returned to CO.

Results:
Final pot: $7.1
Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: 25NL: JJ with Overcard on the flop, cont bet called

I think preflop and flop are fine , i'd lead out on turn as well,I think villain would have re-raised with a Q on flop and certainly bet the turn. Looks like he's drawing, especially after turn check, and his river bet looks like a desperate attempt to take down pot after busted draw. I'd probably call this given the line he took and his loose aggressive play.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:11 AM

I dont like the flop bet very much in this case. You are betting into two people on a drawey board and one of them has position on you.

You prolly bet the turn if they all check. He calls with a lot here.

As played you have to fold the river because there are so many hands he could be doing this with. Almost nothing but Air and Naked Ten is something you have beat.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:00 AM

Being a drawey board, why wouldn't you bet? Shouldn't you try and raise draws out or give them incorrect price to see turn and river? How do you know where you are if you do not bet. By checking flop your pretty much giving up on pot, and allowing free card that can burn you. After river card, it's hard to put villain on a strong hand, if he flopped set of 6's, surely he'd bet on turn with flush and straight possibilities that could destroy his hand on Riv. Unlikely he has a str8 with a J in it due to heros holding. Hero shows weakness by checking on turn, wouldn't villain bet with Q in this spot ? If he's too scared to bet a Q queen in this spot, he's not gonna pot it on Riv. AA KK QQ , surely villain reraises preflop with these. Maybe villain holds 7h8h , drawing to flush and gutshot , hitting gutshot on the turn ,or maybe T9 these are the only hands that makes sense to me.If he hit these hands, wouldn't he value bet something like $3, knowing that hero has shown weakness and he wouldn't get much out of him on river ? Maybe villain is a complete donk and does nothing logical and is holding strong hand. Is this thinking flawed, maybe I missed something, I dunno [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2007, 01:06 AM

I dont bet this flop mainley because I feel like people are still going to call. I have no position on one villain and the other still to act.

I bet this turn because if he doesnt bet that flop I narrow a lot of hands. I bet any blank and fold to a raise on the turn. Thats just me.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:08 AM

LOL, THE VILLAIN IS 73/15!!! He probably is not folding and can have ANYTHING here. I def. see suited cards in this group; but, I also see Qx also.
Old 01-16-2007, 07:49 AM

Would you call the river or is villain charging too much?
Old 01-16-2007, 09:49 AM

As played I fold river reads based.

But I prefer 1/2 pot bet fold on river. I play flop and turn similar even if CO is calling station.
Old 01-16-2007, 09:54 AM

your play looks good! nh
Old 01-16-2007, 09:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think villain would have re-raised with a Q on flop

[/ QUOTE ]

No, RAISED. A reraise is a term for the second or subsequent raise in the same betting round.

Given Villain's stats -- tiny sample, mind you, but it's just a slight "lean" toward thinking she's aggressive -- I would usually call this and expect to see two hearts or a lower pair 40-50% of the time. You only have to be ahead 1/3 of the time for a call to be break-even, so this should be profitable. A queen probably bets the turn (and possibly raises the flop), but he may have lucked into two pair or a set.

Part of the reason for checking the river is to get something less than jacks to bet. So you've induced your bluff, but it doesn't do any good if you fold to it.