Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:37 AM

Default Re: Golf bet (Ivey vs. Corey Pavin) as discussed in Poker After Dark

I used to play a lot of golf... don't anymore. Back when I did, a 4-person scramble team with handicaps something like 2/5/10/20 could expect to shoot in the mid-low 60's. Five-person, around 60 was median. Two=person is a little harder, but I would expect a pair of 10-handicappers to shoot no worse than even par. Given that, Phil and Huck shooting 84 means either that they were both hung over and drunk while playing or neither one of them is better than about a 20.

Pavin in a landslide.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:54 AM

There is a big difference between two 15's scrambling from the reds and one 15 scrambling two balls from the reds. CUSY?

I took a large prop bet two or three years ago where I played from the blues and reverse scrambled. The guy I bet got to pick my worst ball and I had to play that one on every shot, incuding putts. IE. If I had a 10 footer I would have to make it twice for it to count.

I am about an 8. The bet was that I couldn't break 90. Any guess as to the outcome? BTW, this guy also bet two other 2+2er's and we played at the same time. He was also allowed to niggle us with the exception of no sounds during the swing.

Tuco.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a big difference between two 15's scrambling from the reds and one 15 scrambling two balls from the reds. CUSY?

I took a large prop bet two or three years ago where I played from the blues and reverse scrambled. The guy I bet got to pick my worst ball and I had to play that one on every shot, incuding putts. IE. If I had a 10 footer I would have to make it twice for it to count.

I am about an 8. The bet was that I couldn't break 90. Any guess as to the outcome? BTW, this guy also bet two other 2+2er's and we played at the same time. He was also allowed to niggle us with the exception of no sounds during the swing.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard of this format. I'd have to bet that you didn't break the 90.