Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo in MP - Straightforward 35/12 opens UTG
Raise 4 14.81%
Call 2 7.41%
Fold 21 77.78%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Some things need to be said

yawn, don't care, don't care, don't care.

HIV, we know you're an immature, angle-shooting piece of garbage. If we were a tribe, you would no longer be allowed to hunt with the men. You would be forced to gather with the women.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adult or not sir, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a majority of people who wouldn't beat some ass if they had moneys stole from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no group of adults I know with a majority who would 'beat some ass' if money was taken from them.
Not professional workers or staff.
Not college grads or graduate students.
Not men or women.
Not retirees or workers.
Not white, black, asian, latino, Indian, nor certainly the French.

The adults I know would try to get the money back, without resulting to assault & battery. Either by going to the police or the courts of law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true for 100 dollars. 500, probably even 1,000. But 10,000 dollars? Give me a break. The whole time reading this I was reminded of the ass whooping scene in Rounders. I know a movie is just a movie but I think this is one of the situations where it imitates reality. Add libel on top of the original insult and I don't see how anyone can say violence is an unwarranted action. Maybe it's not for you, obv he risks going to jail, but to say its wrong morally and ethically wrong, that's too far.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you so much, Mr. HIV, for SAYING WHAT NEEDED TO BE SAID!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGX...ted&search

[/ QUOTE ]
OMG YES, THANK YOU
Old 01-14-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Adult or not sir, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a majority of people who wouldn't beat some ass if they had moneys stole from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no group of adults I know with a majority who would 'beat some ass' if money was taken from them.
Not men or women.
Not retirees or workers.

The adults I know would try to get the money back, without resulting to assault & battery. Either by going to the police or the courts of law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is true for 100 dollars. 500, probably even 1,000. But 10,000 dollars? Give me a break. The whole time reading this I was reminded of the ass whooping scene in Rounders. I know a movie is just a movie but I think this is one of the situations where it imitates reality. Add libel on top of the original insult and I don't see how anyone can say violence is an unwarranted action. Maybe it's not for you, obv he risks going to jail, but to say its wrong morally and ethically wrong, that's too far.

[/ QUOTE ]

oddly enough, if this took place in the russian community, somebody would in fact have broken legs by now so I can't say that this is wrong or anything.

however, internet nerds are not part of that community so all of this is still lol
Old 01-14-2007, 10:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not men or women.
Not retirees or workers.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Goddamn how did you alls even get to the point of arguing about whipping asses over stolen money, considering it actually has little to do with this situation? (I know the answer to this but whatev)

It's like a junior high debate club up in here.

Look, Nath only mentioned ass whipping after he was personally insulted and verbally abused and after all attempts to discuss the situation and the 'wrongness' of it with maturity and rationality were exhausted.

Considering this was an attempted scam/cheat/fraud, the equivalent would be kicking asses over stolen money ONLY AFTER every legal recourse had been exhausted.

You can easily and intelligently still take an anti-ass kicking stance, but at least now you can argue an issue that is actually pertinent to this situation.

Carry on, have fun.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:24 PM

Do you agree with the concept of 'vigilante justice?'

and if so, you think it's okay for someone to shoot you in the kneecap if they feel you've committed a crime against them? If not, why not?

Isn't it their decision [in your world] to decide what level of punishment to mete out to people they feel have stolen from them, damaged their property [like a car], damaged their reputation either by word or in print, or committed something *they* see as a crime?

As Gild and others have said, Dictum meum pactum.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you agree with the concept of 'vigilante justice?'

and if so, you think it's okay for someone to shoot you in the kneecap if they feel you've committed a crime against them? If not, why not?

Isn't it their decision [in your world] to decide what level of punishment to mete out to people they feel have stolen from them, damaged their property [like a car], damaged their reputation either by word or in print, or committed something *they* see as a crime?

As Gild and others have said, Dictum meum pactum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey NajDorf - nice posts. Good luck carrying the torch of this argument - hopefully you can phrase the things that I said in a way that gets through to a person, or two!

James
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 PM

'Ethically it's wrong for $100' but ' not for $10k'

roflmao. Nice try at leveling, thread over.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:32 PM

lol
Old 01-14-2007, 11:37 PM

huge LOL at tongni being 0% to blame.

p.s. citanul is a good man and doesn't deserve the flak he's getting in this thread.

however i heartily endorse a reasonable degree of violence against HIV & tongni with respect to this matter.