Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Brag - Monster draw Beat Hand is face up Variance VIllain goes broke

Warning - TLR and live poker

Fri night I played live at Sky City Auckland. $1/$2nl, mostly calling stations, but sitting with 2 fun guys who can play a bit, and I am card dead for ever, so I decide to get wasted and while betting with seats 5 and 6 on the cricket which is right in front of us. Down about a buy-in, but watching sports, drinking and having fun (table starts joining in on side bets etc) so all is good. Also, Julie the dealer is HAWT and is taking the piss out of the bad play but in a way that is cool.

Suddenly I get JJ and I play my first hand since a bluff on the button about an hour ago. Board pairs, I spike a J on the turn, and I have a stack. Wow - pissed, having fun AND freerolling at $1/2 nl.

I Raise the button twice and take it down on the flop with a hand, so the third time I raise blind as the (new) dealer is shipping the cards. He says, ever so nicely, he would prefer I wait till I have cards so I bet $7 in turn without looking. Of course the whole table calls, then checks the K Qc xc flop. I look at my cards, and I have K10c obv. Hmmm - I am pretty wasted, and can't figure out the double bluff required so I bet $40 into $60ish pot. All fold to the Asian dude to my right. Young, nice but poor english - (he wanted a sidebet with me, and it took 5 mins to establish we would bet $5 on the colour of the flop lolz).

He makes to fold, and I flip my to pair + sooooperDraw, then he hangs on to his cards, sayin he will call. No way was he being a douche - just slow to act, and I showed too quick. Whatever.

Turn 9, giving me the nuts. #^%$^%$# - my hand is face up, I have the nuts in a 70bb pot, and he has about $100 behind.

"Orr Innnn" says the villain. I peer at my cards (which are perilously close to the muck, but this is Auckland so no whiny bitch cares or knows enough to start mouthing off, except the 2 good players who know there are a LOT of shots coming when I rake this pot.

So I say, out loud, "I have the nuts, right?". Dealer says "can't say, but folding looks like a very poor option"!

I call, river blanks and I rake the $340 pot. It's a friendly table, and someone asks what he had. "Chasing frush" Dealer asks "Higher?" We all crack up.

So it is 1am, I am about 8 buy ins up, and live poker is soooo much fun. Then at 2am the fire alarm goes, we wait outside for an hour and I give up and go home. Weird night.