Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2006, 09:39 PM

Default What does he have?

1-2 No-limit, B&M game. Mostly young players, fairly loose. I am new to game. This player appears tighter than most at table. UTG calls and player to my right calls, I'm 3-off button. I raise to $15 with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG calls, all others fold. Flop is T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG checks, I bet $20 into pot of $37. He calls. Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet $40, he calls. River is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], he bets $55. Now what?
Old 02-10-2006, 09:43 PM

Default Re: What does he have?

fold ;p

Just from my experiences...call, call, bet is either very weak or very strong. Looking at the board and preflop, theres not much you are beating here except a missed draw, and even that is unlikely (would he call down with Qc?)

He could be doing it to bait you to call, he could be blocking because he has a hand weaker than a flush, or he could be doing it because he has absolutely nothing. Of those 3 scenarios, you only beat 1 of them.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:44 PM

Check the turn. Since you have the Kc he's not drawing.
Old 02-10-2006, 09:45 PM

He could be drawing in his mind :P
Old 02-11-2006, 12:16 PM

I suspect he either has a flush, QJ with one of them a club, or a weak Ace, possibly with a club kicker. I could have bet more on the flop to define his hand and, as cbloom suggested, check the turn and see what unfolds on the river.

I just can't see how he doesn't bet his Ace at some point in the hand, especially if he has a club kicker. Then, if he is tight enough he hasn;t bet his Ace - why would he now do it on the end?