Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 01:13 PM

Default Re: BBV psychology 101: Who has gotten their ass whipped?

I'm a lover not a fighter.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a lover not a fighter.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-14-2007, 01:23 PM

For all those who have gotten their asses whipped, did you alert the authorities immediatly afterward? lmaoooo
Old 01-14-2007, 01:31 PM

my friends and i got into several handfulls of fights in our teens/early 20's...

i lost a couple, won probably 2 or 3 times as many...

never really brutally whooped though..on 1 occassion, i probably would've been if it weren't for my cousin sneaking the kid who had snuck me...i was dazed, he was standing next to me, and my cousin just destroyed him from the side...i kicked the kid once or twice in the ribs, and we got up out of there, as we were outnumbered about 10 to 4...

i ended up fighting the kid again on new year's eve a few months later..this time straight up, both of us had friends standing behind us to make sure it didn't get out of control..fight lasted about 5 seconds, he was throwing wildly, holding his head back to not get hit, i stepped into a straight right, he went down, his buddies surrounded him saying, 'all right it's over, it's over..'

but yeah, i've probably been in 10 or 12 fist fights, and i remember 'losing' 2, 1 from the sneak attack, one because the kid took 1 or 2 good shots from me, and then landed 3 or 4, which kinda crumpled me up against a house bleeding a little...when he came in, i dove at his waist and we both went down, and then it got broken up...the couple drops of blood on my shirt made me the loser...
Old 01-14-2007, 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For all those who have gotten their asses whipped, did you alert the authorities immediatly afterward? lmaoooo

[/ QUOTE ]

no, no...i'm assuming you're not serious...

my mom wanted to the first time i came home with blood on my shirt (not mine that time)...i told her that me and another kid had a problem, and we settled it...

at that point, my dad came in (who also did his share of fighting in his teens), calmed my mom down, and that was it..

edit: it was at that point my dad sat me down, and gave me the 3 RULES OF GETTING INTO A FIGHT...(truly a momentous occassion in my young life)

1. if someone hits you, hit them back.

2. if you think someone, or multiple people, are about to hit you, hit them first.

3. never get into a fight.

blew my mind at the time...i didn't get how i could hit someone back, but yet not get into fights...makes PERFECT sense now, and one day, i will pass this knowledge onto my own son...

Old 01-14-2007, 01:34 PM

I've never gotten my ass kicked, but I've always contended that everyone in my suburban town and then private college needed an ass kicking, myself included.

This site is no different - it might even be worse. Still, it seems like a healthy way to be reminded that one's petty ego and petty desires aren't all that important in the long run.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:36 PM

LOLZ at the idea of calling the police!

If you are beaten to pulp for no reason or by a complete stranger in an act of muggery or theft then go ahead and report away to the police. If you try to steal a large amount of $$ from somebody and they eventually meet up with you and give you a deserved kicking, then you are a little beeeatch if your 1st impulse is to run to the police.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:40 PM

yeah, i was talking about James lol. I dont think hes an idiot, i think he's just one of the 2+2ers who are terrified of confrontation and not terrified of scamming people behind their computers.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:48 PM

I'm 28 and I've never in my life been involved in a fight, and I sometimes wish I had because I would maybe be less afraid of physical violence than I am.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, all this talk of ass whippings left and right made me think of certain topics and ideas I haven't thought of in awhile. The concepts of violent revenge and corporal punishment are obviously very complex, so i'm merely approaching them from one angle.

Have you ever gotten your ass whipped? <font color="blue"> Yep. Got jumped by 3 dudes who were trying to steal drugs/money from a friend of mine. My friend was put down pretty quick and so it was basically 1 vs 3. Turns out, my good friend and training partner for Jiu Jitsu was around the corner and was actually WITH the 3 guys. If he had jumped in, it would have been weird to say the least. I was bloodied, but no worse for the wear. Apparently I busted one of the guy's ribs in the only shot I could get off before I fetaled up.</font>

Was it brutal or relatively humane? <font color="blue"> Somewhat humane. They were really going after me. They stomped me for about 2 solid minutes, which is a REALLY long time, but I also know how to defend myself as I have had tons of training.</font>

Did it make you a better or worse person in your interactions with others? <font color="blue"> Made me better. I was all piss and vinegar when I was younger. Kinda like the South Park version of Russell Crowe. There really wasn't anyone I'm afraid to square off with toe to toe, but this made me realize that fights are seldom fair and to be thankful they didn't have a weapon. I also took a step back with my willingness to get in fights. I've been in 1 since then and it was totally unprovoked by me.</font>

Did it make you a better or worse person inside, i.e. was it psychologically healthy or unhealthy? <font color="blue"> Healhy, for sure.</font>

And, whatever else comes to mind.

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue"> It's generally not worth it to fight. I have a son who needs me around. If I fight someone there is a high likelyhood that I can get charged with assault or battery. Having already been arrested for felony battery, I do not need to give a judge a reason to lock me up (charges were dismissed). </font>