Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2007, 05:48 AM

Default 66

Villain 34/22/1.7 after 190 hands. His WTSD is 43% over these hands. The only note I had on the guy was:

"wtf just call down flop c/r QT on Q8562"

That probably means I never saw anything noteworthy otherwise.

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (5 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>

Please rate folding, 3-betting and calling down on a scale from 1-10, 10 being best.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: 66

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this note. Do you mean he called your flop c/r down with QT on Q8652 board? If that's right, that doesn't seem that noteworthy to me.

Anyway, to the hand and your question:

Folding - 9 (this is what I'd do against this villain almost all the time)

3-betting - 0 (you aren't going to get him to fold a better hand, and he'll fire another barrel on the river with a missed draw IMO.)

Calling down - 3 - I suppose villain could be semibluffing or FOS, but I'd rather not pay the two BB to find out on this board.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:24 AM

I don't know about rating scales, but I'd say folding &gt; calling down &gt; 3 betting.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:36 AM

Maybe NL is messing with my limit instincts, but this basically feels like a fold to me. Getting called on that flop as a 3-bettor is already a little discouraging (though not exactly unexpected), and I wouldn't expect a TAGgish player with a 1.7 AF to be turn checkraising with a hand like AdQc all that often. I also don't think he has a made hand he plans to fold to a 3-bet.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:20 AM

So what does he have? This is fairly disgusting play with KJ or 33 as a flop checkraise makes so much more and prevents AQ or ATs (or AJ or a ton of other stuff) from checking behind the turn. He obviously doesn't have AA, AK, KK or JJ. He likely isn't doing this with just a jack, so what better hands does he have? Average strength kings like KQ and KT that are actually not fairing extremely well when I bet the turn? I do think he could just check call a flopped flush draw because maybe he would underestimate the folding equity he has on the flop against TT and under, so is that what he has that makes this a fold?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:24 AM

Fairly disgusting play with KJ or 33? WTF, he's 34/22. You don't know his postflop lines. Maybe he just picked up a pre-flop chart and the extent of his post-flop play is "Big hand, me checkraise turn." If you're not folding 66 without a diamond here, what will you fold to a checkraise? There are much better hands in your range that you can look him up with.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fairly disgusting play with KJ or 33? WTF, he's 34/22. You don't know his postflop lines.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I did, I'd have an easy time with this hand. But yes, I think "fairly disgusting play" is a pretty good way of describing playing KJ or 33 like this. He's making his hand look like a monster or a bluff.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he just picked up a pre-flop chart and the extent of his post-flop play is "Big hand, me checkraise turn."

[/ QUOTE ]
Or maybe he picked up a pre-flop chart and the extent of his post-flop play is "Time to bluff, me checkraise turn." I don't see your point.

[ QUOTE ]
If you're not folding 66 without a diamond here, what will you fold to a checkraise?

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? I didn't say what action I took.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this note. Do you mean he called your flop c/r down with QT on Q8652 board? If that's right, that doesn't seem that noteworthy to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's not very useful for this hand, but he definitely did not go enough bets in that hand, which was a blind steal situation when I was in the big blind. It's noteworthy because it lets me know how he plays in a very common situation that unfortunately was not really applicable in this hand.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:12 AM

The correct reply to a semi-bluff raise is to re-raise. Whether he has a good hand or a bluff is totally up to you.

4 to 1 though. I think I'd see a showdown here having given it some thought. The river will be really easy.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:15 AM

milesdyson life is so much better once u stop playing 66 here against good players