All-in 7 43.75%
Fold 8 50.00%
Call 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:23 AM

Default Re: Ski\'s quick 2 cents on Thailand

Nice thread!

I've been living in Bangkok over a month now, with poker as the primary source of income. Would be very cool to meet some 2+2ers here, especially if alcohol and/or pool is involved. I play at the Ball in Hand (Times Square one) a lot, so if you go there you've probably seen me.

But Degen, is she's super hot, I think your camera is broken. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] There are tons of waay sexier girls here! Admittedly, if D cup is high priority, that eliminates many of them.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:32 AM

anyone want to do a spring trip?
Old 01-12-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
www.thaiprivateeye.com

Found this in a tell-all story from the owner called 'Confessions of a Bangkok Private Eye'. Book is a great read on the shady ways of bar girls and other Thai women. The site is an investigative service maybe somebody who reads this thread at some point will get some good use out of [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Surely there are cheaper ways to hire a dick.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Surely there are cheaper ways to hire a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]Just go to any corner in Pattaya!
Old 01-13-2007, 05:06 AM

Hey guys, great thread. I just have to chime in on two things:
1) Thailand is the best place I have ever visited point blank, and my list includes Hawaii, Costa rica, Philippines, Tahiti, Belize, Cancun, Greece, France, China....you get the picture. But my main concern is that you may be misrepresenting the place as far as men of color are concerned. I am a black american from So.Cal and I was treated well by everyone. I did not encounter one person who was disrespectful to my face. I did get the "you know P. Diddy??" and such once in a while, but most of the time it led to a chance to talk w/ the girls. Granted, I did not aggresively pursue most of the woman or maybe I would have experienced a rejection based on color. But with so many woman looking for western men, you don't have to put forth much effort. I do pretty well w/ the girls in cali, But in Thailand it was like fishing in my kitchen sink. All men interested, I say "GO".

2) I did not see anyone post about the shopping in Thailand. I travel alot and bring back gifts for friends and family. The one thing I cannot stress enough is to "negotiate the price" from street vendors and in outdoor markets. It is expected and you will be surprised how low they will go if you act as if you are willing to walk away.(the malls of course are a different story, depending on the vendor).

By the way, the first time that I visited Thailand I booked through a travel agency and spent 10 days with air,hotel, food, tours, and transportation included for around $900(from Los Angeles). The tour guide and driver were available to me and my two friends the entire time, invaluable my first time.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 01-13-2007, 04:46 PM

Okay ty degen (again) I think that we go Samet when we arrive to thailand.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys, great thread. I just have to chime in on two things:
1) Thailand is the best place I have ever visited point blank, and my list includes Hawaii, Costa rica, Philippines, Tahiti, Belize, Cancun, Greece, France, China....you get the picture. But my main concern is that you may be misrepresenting the place as far as men of color are concerned. I am a black american from So.Cal and I was treated well by everyone. I did not encounter one person who was disrespectful to my face. I did get the "you know P. Diddy??" and such once in a while, but most of the time it led to a chance to talk w/ the girls. Granted, I did not aggresively pursue most of the woman or maybe I would have experienced a rejection based on color. But with so many woman looking for western men, you don't have to put forth much effort. I do pretty well w/ the girls in cali, But in Thailand it was like fishing in my kitchen sink. All men interested, I say "GO".

2) I did not see anyone post about the shopping in Thailand. I travel alot and bring back gifts for friends and family. The one thing I cannot stress enough is to "negotiate the price" from street vendors and in outdoor markets. It is expected and you will be surprised how low they will go if you act as if you are willing to walk away.(the malls of course are a different story, depending on the vendor).

By the way, the first time that I visited Thailand I booked through a travel agency and spent 10 days with air,hotel, food, tours, and transportation included for around $900(from Los Angeles). The tour guide and driver were available to me and my two friends the entire time, invaluable my first time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how far in advance did you book? Would that have been available if you hadn't been travelling as three?
Old 01-14-2007, 02:52 AM

I did book like a month in advance and it was off-peak, but I wanted to show everybody that this is a trip that most can afford. I believe the price was based on at least 2 people to the room. The bottom line is to just get there, and it is probably a good idea to bring a friend the first time anyway. Personally, I would not have gone some of the places that we did had I been alone.
Closed Thread