Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 05:51 PM

Default Re: PETA member on scaretactics. Funny clip

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I worked for PETA. Many of them are weird. Some are wackjobs. Most are not wackjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can we get a mod to change your title to "PETA Whackjob?"

Seems so much more appropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to ask me something about working at PETA or discuss animal rights with me, I'd be happy to. If you just want to provoke me, well, you can try, but I don't fall for it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do they kill dogs and throw them in dumpsters?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I worked for PETA. Many of them are weird. Some are wackjobs. Most are not wackjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to ask me something about working at PETA or discuss animal rights with me, I'd be happy to. If you just want to provoke me, well, you can try, but I don't fall for it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do they kill dogs and throw them in dumpsters?

[/ QUOTE ]

Animal shelters can't come close to meeting the demand for shelter from stray dogs and cats (who are often on the street in the first place because they were abandoned by irreponsible human owners). For that great majority of strays who receive no shelter, daily life is full of danger and misery. Most of these animals have no experience surviving in the wild. Food is scarce and competition for the limited supplies is fierce; there is little shelter from the weather. Humans pose more dangers in the form of traffic and mercenaries who hunt for strays on behalf of animal research labs. In short PETA euthanizes stray dogs and cats because it sees this as the lesser of two evils, compared to abandoning the animals to a life of misery and a death that's likely to come soon and be more painful.
I have strong reservations about PETA's thinking on this issue, but your somewhat hostile tone seems founded more on prejudice than reasoned opinion. It is as though you assume that they couldn't possibly have a legitimate reason.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Ya they seem very noble and must really bear the guilt of picking the lesser of the two evils.

PETA is teh devil
PETA is going to jail
PETA is brainwashing our youth

They make these big shows of publicity to change animal rights laws and they can't even follow the ones in place already.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Are you aware that the so-called Center For Consumer Freedom, which runs petakillsanimals.com as well as its own site, is funded entirely by the meat and dairy industries?
Old 01-13-2007, 06:51 PM

As for the other documents they show that PETA does indeed euthanize animals. I never denied this.

The food industry lobby group known as the Center for Consumer Freedom, which is trying so hard to vilify PETA for euthanizing stray animals, receives the bulk of its funding from companies that make it their business to raise and kill animals for profit. These companies are either being underhanded and hypocritical themselves, or they must somehow believe that killing animals for profit and the pleasure of customers is more justifiable than killing animals (on a fantastically smaller scale, incidentally) to alleviate suffering. Perhaps it is, but I have yet to see a convincing argument for it.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:52 PM

Dude I listed Virginia Department of Argriculture and a North Carolina Superior Court document. The other one was a roadmap linked to publications and documents that PETA has released. Its not like I am citing questionable data.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude I listed Virginia Department of Argriculture and a North Carolina Superior Court document. The other one was a roadmap linked to publications and documents that PETA has released. Its not like I am citing questionable data.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry if I was unclear. I am not questioning the validity of the VDA and NCSC documents.

I just wanted to point out that the site publicizing and linking to these documents, petakillsanimals.com, and the Center for Consumer Freedom which runs that site, are funded by the food industry.

I am not inviting anyone to jump to any cynical conclusions, but I do believe that this is a relevant piece of information that someone reading those websites casually could plausibly miss.

I think this is relevant because the Center for Consumer Freedom presents itself as a disinterested think tank concerned only with protecting consumers, when it is in fact an industry lobby organization.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should start a seperate Ask me about... thread.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should start a seperate Ask me about... thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seconded.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM

How do you like being a member of a terrorist organization? How do you respond to claims about Peta's direct involvement with terrorist groups like the ALF?