Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: FTP Account Closed. I really am innocent. (super tl;dr btw)

[ QUOTE ]

it appears that unless FTPSEAN is lying which I highy doubt that there has not been any negative FTP threads that are credible

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.
I don't think Sean is lying. But he still could have made a mistake.

from what I know of the poster StepBangin he seems more credible than the other 1st-timers who have posted such situations that many of us doubted from the start.

As opposed to the Eric guy, i suspect that StepBangin will actually return and offer some sort of response about this.
I still have my doubts he is lying.

Anyway, I'm glad that FT responded. But I'm going to wait to hear back from Step in here before I close the door on his story.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:00 AM

"FTP's CS problems and miscommunications seem eerily similar to Party.
But their image on these forums is at least that they are making some sort of effort to improve. So that's something."

thats the problem they make it look like they are trying to do something but they DON'T!!!!!!!

"Having said that, the OP's account was closed due to multiple violations of our Terms and Conditions agreement which include opening multiple accounts as well as spamming our tables with referral codes for other poker sites. We are confident that these violations were from the OP's Full Tilt account.

I do wish to address the somewhat muddled responses the OP received from Support. The initial CSR responded with an incorrect response which contributed to subsequent emails being off target. This situation certainly could have been handled better and we will address it with the relevant agents.

In cases such as this where accounts are closed for breaches of the terms of service any balance is cashed out to the player’s payment processor of choice. Funds are only seized in instances of fraud or collusion."

So you let him keep playing there for how long and helped him make other accounts to continue playing and AFTER HE GETS SCAMED OUT A HUGE SUM OF MONEY YOU NOW CLOSE HIS ACCOUNT FOR SOMETHING HE DID YEAR AGO????????????

I am not saying he is innocent but this is really fishy on both ends
Old 01-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Did I miss a post? Where did he say he got scammed out of a huge amount of money?

The turning on and off of his account is horrible. They should have never allowed him to play after catching him for spamming.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:52 PM

The scamming out of money was from the other thread that i linked which is in the High-stakes NL forum which is a different poster's problem at FT.

I think some people might be confusing the two situations.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:13 PM

I really dont know what to say after reading FTPSean's posts.

I am certain that I personally never spammed on the site. I did not play on Party Poker until right before the break up (Which was around October 2005 right?).

I also had never heard of freefiftydollars.com (That I can remember), but I am trying to contact the admin there to see if I ever had an account with my email, name or IP address. I will also see if he can tell me if anyone on my schools server had an account there. I will post the email if he emails me back.

Another thing I find unusual is that this whole time, Ring Em Up had been "associated" with accounts that had been spamming, but now Ring Em Up is the spammer?

Also, why was it ok for me to play on my other account for 22 months and not get banned until my account got hacked? Then it took 2 weeks to even tell me why I was being banned. I had even sent in ID once to get a cashout, I never got in trouble then.

Also, how were all the other accounts even related to Ring Em Up? My only explanation is that I had played on probably 4 or 5 computers accross campus (1 mainly though between classes) and if someone else also logged on, then we would have been linked to the same IP.

My only explanation for the spamming, which is a very unlikely one, is that maybe I accidently clicked "Remember my password" and someone else that was getting ready to play on their name saw it and logged on from that computer and spammed. I am definitely NOT saying that happend. I am pretty sure someone wouldnt log on to another account for the sole purpose of spamming a website.

My last questions are, what was the extent of the spamming? Was it long and drawn out over many tables and many days, or was it something that happend at one table, one time?
Also, what was said? Was it, "Hey go play at partypoker.com" or was it "Anyone here ever play at partypoker.com ?"

Finally, when the spamming occurred, was the IP the same as the one that was used when I did my majority of play?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Playing on as many different computers across campus as you did almost HAS to be the reason you got into this mess and how you got linked to so many other players' accounts with OSU handles.

You didn't even mention that you played on different computers before IIRC (I'm not about to go back and read every single one of those e-mails again).

The idea that somebody else got on your account from one of those computers (you clicked 'remember my password' or they had a key-logger on it) isn't that unrealistic at all and I don't know why you would think it would be.

The other computers that you were playing on didn't even occur to you as a possibility? When you saw all the other OSU names I would think this would have to be your first thought.
But I thought you only mentioned the possibility of crappy wireless server that somebody else might have also been on or something.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:24 PM

On this one, I believe the OP's story.

Luckily, no money is involved, so it's not that big a deal. But it must be frustrating to be linked to something one is not aware of.

I know I'd want to understand how it happened. Unfortuneately, I don't think the two parties involved will ever achieve final understanding on this issue.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:27 PM

While I think you were strangely ignorant of the whole 'computers all over campus' mess you got yourself into I do think your other points are completely valid about how weird it was that you were allowed to continue to play and ONLY LATER were kicked-out for spamming...as well as how long it took for them to get with you on this, offer an explanation, etc.

Also note that previously they have been saying the reason for their delays are, "these things take time. especially the credit stuff. it's really complicated, you wouldn't understand."

But this wasn't a credit issue at all and they really didn't need to wait on some outside party as far as I can tell...just look up the account names and take whatever action they wanted to.
It was all in their hands.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing on as many different computers across campus as you did almost HAS to be the reason you got into this mess and how you got linked to so many other players' accounts with OSU handles.

You didn't even mention that you played on different computers before IIRC (I'm not about to go back and read every single one of those e-mails again).

The idea that somebody else got on your account from one of those computers (you clicked 'remember my password' or they had a key-logger on it) isn't that unrealistic at all and I don't know why you would think it would be.

The other computers that you were playing on didn't even occur to you as a possibility? When you saw all the other OSU names I would think this would have to be your first thought.
But I thought you only mentioned the possibility of crappy wireless server that somebody else might have also been on or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Figure I better clear some things up that I didnt mention, or may have been unclear about before.

First, I dont know if I mention playing in the computer labs, Im pretty sure I did, but dont remember. But I really dont think I would have clicked "Remember Password" and if I did, what would possess someone to log on and spam, then log off? Kind of weird.

Second, I dont go to OSU, I go to a small college in Tiffin. The reason I mentioned the OSU names was because I am from Ohio and I found it kind of odd that I was being linked to them, but had no clue who they were even though they are from Ohio. It was one of the first things I noticed when they sent me the list of people I was "associated" with. So basically I was thinking "how am I being associated with people from Ohio that I dont even know?"

Third, I dont know where the wireless server came into the picture. Im pretty sure I never said anything about one.

Edit: I dont even know if that 2nd point makes sense. I basically wanted to say, when FTP emailed me the names, I noticed some of them appeared to be from Ohio, as am I.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:51 PM

This is all BS. They lock your account up now, you get about three different stories as to why, and then finally it is because you spammed about 2 years ago. Yeah, right.

So if the story is BS, go play at Stars. If the story is absolutely true, they help spammers set up different accounts and let them play for over a year before doing anything -- go play at Stars.