Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: FTP Account Closed. I really am innocent. (super tl;dr btw)

yeah, i know it was sarcasm. but it reminded me that I had just received an e-mail from Mike-O. When I got it I thought, "Hmmm, I guess Mike is still with Party."
Up until then I hadn't thought about it but I believe Party did have a lot of cut-backs.

Anyway, just something that you reminded me of.

I'm not 100% agreed on Party being counted on to do the right thing for all situations.
But in situations as severe as this I think the point is valid.

Your point that you could at least get a hold of them over the phone (even if they frequently make no sense) is valid also.

It's hard to believe that somebody's CS could actually be worse than Party's was. But it appears we may actually be approaching that point with FT.

I do maintain that there is still promise with FT thanks to guys like Doug.
But I also admit that I said similar stuff about Party's potential thanks to guys like Mike so I know I've been wrong before.

I completely agree that you just shouldn't feel safe keeping any large sums of money on FT no matter how innocent you are.
This is especially true if you play any heads-up because just 1 match against the wrong player and you could very easily get linked in ways you don't want.

I'm sure it's not as completely scary as our paranoid little minds are letting us believe right now. Most of the crappy CS situations we've heard about have been linked to guys who most of believe have been sufficiently proven to be scammers.
But it does seem like enough innocent people are getting caught in the cross-fire for legitimate concern.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:22 AM

Well, I'll agree that Party wasn't 100% either, but the accessibility and the basic corporate ethics were there. Their problem seemed to be a pervasive incompetence from management to marketing to engineering to support.

Now I'm not questioning FT's core ethics, beyond the simple observation that they don't really give a damn about their customers' rights. When their management begins to perceive it as a growing business problem, I suppose they'll grudgingly improve. One way we can help make that happen is to demand more as consumers. That means playing at places that respect us, that try to earn our business - and not at the others.

In another thread, somebody mentioned going to the newspapers with the story of FT's casual attitude towards an actively unfolding scam that cost a player $25K, much of which could have been prevented with reasonable action on FT's part, and another poster said (paraphrasing) "no, that's the last thing you want to do, the papers will run a story about the evils of online gambling". But maybe in the long run, that's exactly what the online poker community needs. The player demand won't go away, and the market is potentially huge for US gambling providers; it's only a matter of time until it's legal and regulated. So let's get the story out and get moving. We're not going to see many poker providers with the integrity and competence of typical companies until then.

For now, we're stuck with a bunch of companies that we ordinarily would refuse to business with - if we had a choice. Doug's presence here is a hopeful sign, but why should we need to beg for what should be automatic?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:23 AM

Thought I posted this last night, but perhaps not:

Maybe your school's internet sucks really bad and caused you to be associated to not only the one person you knew, but any random idiot who's trying to use a wireless connection to do some illegal crap on FTP. It doesn't even have to be wireless to be bad either, I've seen some horrible wired connection systems that have to run through some ridiculous software since so many college students download illegal software and crap.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:24 AM

I don't understand why everyone says party's support was bad, they had 1-800 number and if you go high enough they take care of the problem, and they always helped me.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly they have not been able to accomodate for the growth post-uiega. It's really showing and looks pretty ugly. This is getting really bad though. Someone from their site has to address these issues soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about that new guy? FTPStealth, wasn't that his name? They need an experienced public face to handle this - maybe Mike O is looking for a job?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was FTPSean, but FTPStealth might be a more accurate name... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 11:20 PM

After exhaustive research, I feel I am now able to respond to this thread. The OP has been responded to by a Support Supervisor, and while I am unable to get into the specifics of the actions taken, I do wish to respond with a few general points.

There are many people on TwoPlusTwo who post our emails for public consumption. Some of the emails bend the truth or aren't 100% accurate. The problem is that we as a support company cannot dispute many of these claims due to confidentiality reasons. We can't say anything about a player's account. So what ends up happening is we have someone who posts erroneous messages intended to put Full Tilt Poker in a negative light, and we aren't able to properly defend ourselves.

Having said that, the OP's account was closed due to multiple violations of our Terms and Conditions agreement which include opening multiple accounts as well as spamming our tables with referral codes for other poker sites. We are confident that these violations were from the OP's Full Tilt account.

I do wish to address the somewhat muddled responses the OP received from Support. The initial CSR responded with an incorrect response which contributed to subsequent emails being off target. This situation certainly could have been handled better and we will address it with the relevant agents.

In cases such as this where accounts are closed for breaches of the terms of service any balance is cashed out to the player’s payment processor of choice. Funds are only seized in instances of fraud or collusion.

To answer the OPs questions specifically:

Q. What player was spamming?
A. Username "Ring Em Up" was spamming the tables for two different third party websites.

Q. How was the OP associated with the spamming account?
A. It was his original account.

Q. What site was he spamming for?
A. PartyPoker.com and FreeFiftyDollars.com
Old 01-13-2007, 12:11 AM

pwned?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PWNED!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 AM

it appears that unless FTPSEAN is lying which I highy doubt that there has not been any negative FTP threads that are credible, so to all you negative FTP posters your all crazy.
and I'm not a shill for FTP, in fact I have moved my money to AP for rakebake reasons only. The minute FTP allows me to switch my non afflilated account to an affiliated rakeback compny I will be back to FTP in a heartbeat.
Pop
Old 01-13-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They closed my "Ring Em Up" account for me and told me it was ok and I could just keep "BigBlindSpecial" as long as I dont make another account. I played on BBS until late December of this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Q. What player was spamming?
A. Username "Ring Em Up" was spamming the tables for two different third party websites.

Q. How was the OP associated with the spamming account?
A. It was his original account.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if you wonder why all the spam on FTP? It seems a spammer is allowed to create another account other than the one he is spamming with (with the help of FTP support), and then can play for over a year on the other account.