Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 02:07 PM

Default Re: $100NL line check with TT

A few thoughts about the last few comments: At first I thought raising the river all in is a bad play. Not many hands that call I beat, so I dont think that's a good play. But when I go back and look at the stack sizes, he would only have to call his last $30ish in a $170ish pot, so he probably has to call with 77-99, maybe even as little as AK, so that might have been the best play.

I checked the turn to induce a bluff, so I think I have to call the river. If he checks the turn and river, I dont see how I can not bet the river. I dont think it's really all that thin of a value bet, but I probably wont get called unless hes got something like 55, 77-99 and is just trying to see a showdown. In that case he may call me, but I dont really think he calls me with a high card. I also think that he wouldnt check the turn and river with JJ+, so I can be pretty sure Im ahead. That's my take on it, feel free to tell me where I'm wrong.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:15 PM

I put him on a PP that is JJ or lower, a pair with either of the two cards on the board, or possibly even just an ace or other overcards. Of those, the only ones that beat you are a 6 or JJ. I think he will probably call with any PP or a pair with one of the board cards, given the bet size he will be calling. He might even call with just an ace. So in my view, a raise is a must and it's not even close. Does anyone view it differently?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:34 PM

I completely agree with you now that I thought about it. Thanks for your comments.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 PM

I don't think I'm ever folding here unless the guy is just a complete nit... even then it'd be hard. that's a great card for you call -- if he has JJ+ then oh well. I don't mind the turn check as it might induce a bluff.