Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Where to bet MMA now?

The difference between Pinny's lines and other books was UNBELIEVABLE. Anyone have any suggestions on where to bet MMA now? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Where to bet MMA now?

Beteagle, Betcris, 5dimes. None will replace Pinny's lines, but combined you should be able to find a decent line or two.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:02 PM

Pinnacle's high-limit, low-juice MMA betting is what I will miss the most. Probably the second best book for MMA betting is DSI (a BetCRIS book). It typically offers early lines and $1,000 limits. 5 Dimes, Bodog, and WSEX also offer lines, but they tend to post them later and with higher vig.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:28 AM

i don't want to comment too much as i'm still in shock over this and my 20k 12hr+ pending w/d request. but in terms of mma wagering it really depends on your wager size. if you're okay w/small limits, any of the oly/bodog/sportingbet/wsex/beteagle clones will suffice, the good news from all of this is that you will likely have have slower moving lines that you can bet into w/o pinny leading the way for steam bets.

as for high action volume bettors, NONE of those will suffice as a viable solution. hell, cris granted me the request to have 1k mma lines and 2k ufc/pride lines for a short while, then after i won about 15k or so, boom my limits were halved and they started moving the line 15cents per hit on me... i highly doubt that rest of bodog/oly clones would be willing to step up and take more action than cris.

to high limit online mma bettors, there are only 2 solutions that i can see as of right now:

1.) find a way to circumvent the juridictional restrictions and get back on pinny or

2.) understand that exchanges might be the key to the future. if i can convince matchbook to put up mma bouts early, i'm seriously pondering offering 2k limit lines on both sides w/10 cent vig, as i have confidence in my lines. if enough people start to do this, then the mma exchange pool will become progressively bigger..
Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 AM

trixtrix I have a feeling Matchbook will be offering a shiatload of new lines and events over the next couple weeks. They are gonna get huge. I know multiple people asking for multiple options.

-Brendan
Old 01-12-2007, 03:32 AM

I have a girlfriend who lives in China, if she sets up the pinnacle account, can I use my neteller?
Old 01-12-2007, 03:34 AM

Or can she link her neteller to a US bank account?
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a girlfriend who lives in China, if she sets up the pinnacle account, can I use my neteller?

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister? Hell, does she have a brother? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2007, 09:01 AM

HAHA , I live in Germany and have no problem to place bets on pinny :-)
Old 01-12-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HAHA , I live in Germany and have no problem to place bets on pinny :-)

[/ QUOTE ]

The best thing anyone from Europe can do right now is be thankful, there are many more twists to come in the gambling world and they won't all go our way. Already turnover on Pinny is down and this is BAD for us.

Lori