Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Re: Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

I look at this in a few ways.

1st - She maybe doesn't remember what you look like? Any change in appearance that led to her not remembering you. Hopefully simple as that

2nd - She could be involved/talking to someone else but is kind of returning your calls and keeping you close enough to fall back on?

3rd - That is very frustrating to get a voicemail like that, that sounded like she was very interested, that she remembered you and sounded like she wanted to do something. To go and see her and have her avoid you completely.

I guess I don't really have a point just some perspective hopefully. I would suggest not getting angry and see what happens the next time you guys run into each other. It's wierd, I goto a bigger school 15-20K people also, and some people just have the right schedules and you seem to walk by them every day and you start to recognize faces even though you don't know them at all. Since you probably will run into her again I'd see what happens next time.

I would suggest avoiding the creepy facebook messages for now, but have you looked at her facebook to see if she's still single or anything new that seems fishy.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1st - She maybe doesn't remember what you look like? Any change in appearance that led to her not remembering you. Hopefully simple as that

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it...unless Goofy got a sex change for Christmas.
[ QUOTE ]
2nd - She could be involved/talking to someone else but is kind of returning your calls and keeping you close enough to fall back on?

[/ QUOTE ]
If she wanted Goofy to fall back on, then why couldn't she even give him the time of day when she see's him in person?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 AM

Appearance: Nope, and I'm pretty tall so I stand out.

Involved with someone else: Definite possibility. Still, I would think she could come up with a better way to handle the situation than to leave a message like that and then pretend I'm invisible when she sees me around. One thing that confuses me though, is what exactly was she planning on saying when she called me if I picked up? Her message wasn't anything like "oh I'm really busy for the next week so I'm not sure when I'll have time", it seemed like she was totally down.

Her facebook has always said "married to <some girl she knows>" so no dice there. Given that she and her friend were talking about some guy she was going out with the night we had that study session though it really wouldn't surprise me if someone else was in the picture; however, another guy still doesn't really explain the way she's acting. The easiest line for her would just be to say she's busy and isn't sure when she can do it while stringing me along; avoiding me entirely is just weird and doesn't make sense.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:00 AM

There's still hope goofyballer. Keep on rocking and you will get what you want.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:00 PM

gb,

I know I'm saying something you already know, but she may be a person who loves going to a big school. Many of my good friends don't acknowledge me as I walk passed them... they don't acknowledge anyone.

I'm like this. I hate the awkward 1 minute conversation that always goes as follows;

Girl: Hi name!
Guy: Ahh, hi name, how's it going?
Girl: Oh not too bad, my bio prof is stupid and I have a lot of studying!
Guy: Oh, I know how that goes. Studying is stupid!
Girl: Ain't that the truth!
Guy: Well it was nice seeing you, but I have class in 5 minutes and am on the other side of campus. But, hey, you should gimme a call this weekend and we'll hang out!
Girl: Okay, talk to you later!

I hate these stupid convos that lead nowhere and are slow, choppy and forced. Thus, I pretty much avoid them.

She could be like me.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:07 PM

Girls like to know they're not forgotten. You called her back after her message, and showed that you still want her. Thats enough to make her happy right now.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:20 AM

gb,
Last year I was in a similar situation with a girl. She gave me every sign that she was into me, kept leading me on etc., and then one week later I found out she was dating another dude. This is pretty surely what is going on right now. She thinks you're a good guy and a decent fall back option, but her interests are currently focused elsewhere. Sorry to hear it, you seem like a cool guy.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:46 AM

BF shouldn't deter you, keep at it.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:47 AM

Soo now what? Call her after ___ days? Just hope I see her around campus?

Something else to consider is that I want to give her friend a call eventually if things don't work out, but it seems to me that once I call her friend, that ends my chances of anything happening with her.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:11 AM

Just be patient, if she doesn't call within a week or so give up and call her friend.