Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 11:18 PM

Default Re: The most improbable thing you\'ve ever seen?

[ QUOTE ]
I was dealt 77, 88, 77 in a row the other day. Odds of this aren't astronomical, but not that common.

Funny thing was I flopped sets with all of them. Anyone guess the odds of that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Final 3 of a SnG once, and we were dealt QQ, KK, and AA. I had the AA and won! Any math experts want to figure out the odds on that one?

Oh, and it was Party for all of the "rigged" people out there.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 AM

Probably the most improbable thing I have ever witnessed was at a Red Sox game. The game was on July 8, 1994. During this game John Valentin turned an unassisted triple play, which I believe has happened less than 15 times in the history of MLB. Even better he was up 2nd the next inning and hit a HR. It was also Alex Rodriguez's first game in MLB (for Seattle), to which my Dad tried to teach me a lesson in responsibility stating "that guy is making a big mistake, he never got an education and now once his career is up he will never end up getting anywhere." Guess my dad's a bad judge of baseball talent.

Anyways this is probably something that is impossible to calculate the frequency of and was pretty damn amazing to see.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 AM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0#Post8745210
Old 01-12-2007, 02:39 AM

I just received a Jury Summons in the mail. I will be on a jury sometime between March first and the end of April. I told my boss, and apparently he received his jury summons the same day and it is for the same time period. Weird.

It will be seriously improbable if we end up on the same jury.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While on a ski vacation with a friend's family, my friend's mom was correcting his table manners and generally telling him what to do. My friend was becoming visibly irritated, but clearly did not want to upbraid his mom in front of his dad. So he waited until his dad excused himself to use the restroom, then finally said: "Mom, stop. I'll use whatever fork I like, and, quite frankly, I'm 30 years old. You don't have to tell me to drink my juice carefully so as not to bang my teeth with my glass." His mom clearly felt bad, and a pall settled over the table. His dad returned and sat down, then picked up his wine glass -- and promptly banged his teeth while trying to take a drink.

My GF and I, as well as my friend and his mom, and two friends of theirs, instantly started howling with laughter. My friend's dad had absolutely no idea why everyone else was rudely laughing at his misfortune, and became progressively angrier as we continued to laugh. His anger only fueled our humor, and we ended up laughing so hard that nobody could explain to him why the whole thing was so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a thread about the gayest story you can think of where you meant to post this?
Old 01-12-2007, 02:48 AM

A few years ago, a couple years after the song "Pepper" by the butthole surfers was popular and not getting much radio play, I came out of a store and had the song in my head. When I got into the car, the song came on the radio and was in the exact same spot in the song as it was in my head.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:50 AM

The minnesota wild started a streak of 11 road losing games....their last win being November 17th, the day I had gallbladder sugery.

The Minnesota twin's were swept by the A's. Before the series I was shaving and decided (kinda accident) to shave off my "Joe Mauer" sideburns I had been growing all summer....the rest is history.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Minnesota twin's were swept by the A's. Before the series I was shaving and decided (kinda accident) to shave off my "Joe Mauer" sideburns I had been growing all summer....the rest is history.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure everyone has a story like that. Mine was in '03, was growing out the playoff beard, got sick of it during the stage where it's really itchy and ugly and decided to shave it off. The Canucks were up 3-1 in the 2nd round against the Wild. Minnesota came back to win in 7 games.

I'm not really superstitious, but it was kinda weird.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure everyone has a story like that. Mine was in '03, was growing out the playoff beard, got sick of it during the stage where it's really itchy and ugly and decided to shave it off. The Canucks were up 3-1 in the 2nd round against the Wild. Minnesota came back to win in 7 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

omg...Thank you btw...
sorry bout the game tonight....
Old 01-12-2007, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Best part of that series was watching Wes Walz mouthing "You got cocky" to Bertuzzi the whole game.