[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Coughlin stays. It's official.

[/ QUOTE ]

ESPN Link

Just the link.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said yesterday, pretty obvious that this was coming.

It must be blowing the guy's mind who called me a retard how the Giants could get this done without a GM. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I still think you're a retard. There's a big difference between not doing anything differently without a GM and changing a lot of things with a GM.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: NYG offseason thread

I think its pretty clear that the Giants are keeping Caughlin because they don't like any of the available options. Keeping him for another year seems like they're hoping to land Cowher or Parcells next year.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:26 PM

I think if they had wanted Parcells they would have given him the GM job. That way, if Coughlin is to be fired next season they could fill in the spot with Parcells rather easily.

I think they are looking at John Fox. But Cowher could be another viable option for them.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:34 PM

I didn't really mean to limit it to just Cowher and Parcells, just using them as examples. I think they'll want a proven NFL coach and there aren't really any of those available right now.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I really wonder if alot of Eli's development gets slowed down because of Tiki's success. Knowing you can lean on a player since your first start might have given him to much of a crutch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think the presence of a strong running game should have helped his development, not hindered it. That seems more logical than the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think so. I also think if the Giants lack a strong running game next year leaving defenses to focus on Eli, the Giants will be in trouble. His poor decisions will be even more magnified.
Old 01-10-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really wonder if alot of Eli's development gets slowed down because of Tiki's success. Knowing you can lean on a player since your first start might have given him to much of a crutch.

Being a Jags fan I saw this when Jimmy Smith was on the team. The other recievers did not step up because they knew Jimmy was there. Once he retired, the other guys starting stepping up.

Eli might be better without Tiki because that safety valve is gone. It's just an idea. I think Eli will have his best year this upcoming season. Of course the coaches have to show confidence in him for next season, alot more deep routes, getting recievers more involved, ect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can respect the argument, but we'll just have to agree to disagree. I feel like you're complicating a very simple situation in trying to make the case that when he's asked to do more, he'll be better.

Early returns have shown that when Eli is asked to do something, Eli struggles, Eli heaves balls, Eli throws off his back foot, Eli throws into triple coverage, Eli looks lost, Eli returns to sideline with blank "duh" look on his face.

I'm already beginning to fear how worse it'll become once MORE is asked of him next year.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:04 PM

In the Star Ledger today it is saying that the Jerry Reese is going to be the GM. I can't find a link but there is a column about it in the paper.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:40 PM

Giants fire Tim Lewis

Hallelujah.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:42 PM

Bill Belicheck couldn't've made that defense good. Honestly - our corners are HORRIBLE.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Belicheck couldn't've made that defense good. Honestly - our corners are HORRIBLE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make that the secondary in general.