Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Wow, just... wow...

Move up to where they respect your raises.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:50 PM

I'm a LHE player, and my game is much more about the math than your game is, I understand and admit that. But I think even in NLHE you have to apply math sometimes.

Certainly your opponent calling all-in with no pair, no draw, just K high appears to me (without knowing the climate and texture of the table leading up to this hand) to be a foolish move.

But you would never have been in this situation if you hadn't massively overbet a small pot vs. a preflop raiser who was in position. Your open-ended straight draw was 31.5% to hit by the river. In your situation, I think I would have to at least consider the possibility that a preflop raiser was sitting on a pair of some kind (and in this case even an overcard beat you if you didn't hit your straight or pair up). By overbetting a small pot, you were worsening your pot odds. So unless you had a read on your opponent that would have somehow lead you to believe he would fold to your overbet, I don't know how you could justify the play you made.

Just my opinion, and like I said I'm a LHE player so take my analysis with a huge grain of salt.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a LHE player, and my game is much more about the math than your game is, I understand and admit that. But I think even in NLHE you have to apply math sometimes.

Certainly your opponent calling all-in with no pair, no draw, just K high appears to me (without knowing the climate and texture of the table leading up to this hand) to be a foolish move.

But you would never have been in this situation if you hadn't massively overbet a small pot vs. a preflop raiser who was in position. Your open-ended straight draw was 31.5% to hit by the river. In your situation, I think I would have to at least consider the possibility that a preflop raiser was sitting on a pair of some kind (and in this case even an overcard beat you if you didn't hit your straight or pair up). By overbetting a small pot, you were worsening your pot odds. So unless you had a read on your opponent that would have somehow lead you to believe he would fold to your overbet, I don't know how you could justify the play you made.

Just my opinion, and like I said I'm a LHE player so take my analysis with a huge grain of salt.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is this with the sensible reply?
Old 01-11-2007, 02:57 PM

He had minraised me preflop a couple of times with virtually random holdings and he had been aggressive postflop. The reason for me pushing (besides me being stupid) was that although he had been LAGgy betting and bluffing, he hadn't been going to showdown with ridiculous hands. (Small sample but went to sd 19%).

Dunno, I guess I over/underestimated [not sure which] him in this case roofles.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move down so u can not get outplayed .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-11-2007, 03:29 PM

Look, No offense man, but you shouldn't have been involved in the pot in the first place. I understand it's short handed, but raising UTG with that hand is aweful in 99% of all poker games.

Now admittedly his play was even worst than yours, but if your going to play ultra LAG poker( which you need to do in short handed) This crap is going to happen
Old 01-11-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your flop push was screaming 10 high

Standard call IMO

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-11-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, No offense man, but you shouldn't have been involved in the pot in the first place. I understand it's short handed, but raising UTG with that hand is aweful in 99% of all poker games.

Now admittedly his play was even worst than yours, but if your going to play ultra LAG poker( which you need to do in short handed) This crap is going to happen

[/ QUOTE ]

Which stakes you play sir?
Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I understand it's short handed, but raising UTG with that hand is aweful in 99% of all poker games.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 01-11-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I understand it's short handed, but raising UTG with that hand is aweful in 99% of all poker games.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]