Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: squeeze gone very wrong vs a moron

It's probably not a bad play. A lot of the time he folds to your flop bet. He didn't, so you have to suspect he has a piece of the flop or 22-99. Could be slowplaying a hand like JJ, but I think you played it okay. Call the river and expect to lose to QJ, 22 or some other rediculously misplayed hand that beats you about half the time. But you're getting 2-1 on this call and are likely good 40-50% of the time. Plus, it might help you get paid off later showing this down.

If he'd bet the turn, it's obviously a different story.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:15 PM

I think this is a good example of someone making a play without knowing why they're doing it.

Against the right opponents, it's like free money. Against a guy with a VPIP of 50, it's like free money for the guy with the VPIP of 50 =\
Old 01-11-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a good example of someone making a play without knowing why they're doing it.

Against the right opponents, it's like free money. Against a guy with a VPIP of 50, it's like free money for the guy with the VPIP of 50 =\

[/ QUOTE ]

How can it be free money for the VPIP 50% guy when we actually have an equity edge against him? (And we can safely assume that he sucks postflop as well.)
Old 01-12-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can it be free money for the VPIP 50% guy when we actually have an equity edge against him? (And we can safely assume that he sucks postflop as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy called a raise, then called a reraise. KTo is not a favorite over his range, even with a VPIP of 50.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's got 22-99, QJ-AK.
Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

putting people on hands you can beat and calling doesn't really solve anything, despite the fact that i do it all the time. Seriously though, push the turn because he's probably not folding anything, but will check behind plenty with smaller pairs and stuff like that.

As played, you have to hate life and call. I think there's a very strong case for never ever making this squeeze though against the described player.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy called a raise, then called a reraise. KTo is not a favorite over his range, even with a VPIP of 50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a guy with a 50 VPIP I think its pretty close. I don't have much problem with preflop but I really think the turn is a shove for value, if not the river is a super easy vb imo.