Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 04:56 AM

Default Re: PokerStars reply/stance

[ QUOTE ]
holdumgod is definitely involved. Apparently, this happened a year ago with holdumgod being involved to someone else. You would think if he werent involved he would have had his PC cleaned. No way he's not involved. NO WAY.

-Jared

[/ QUOTE ]

I recall a post in a thread regarding holdumgod when he was playing the 25/50 NL game on stars when it first opened and he was running well. I remember someone in that thread commenting about how they were surprised to find out that they lived down the street from holdumgod. I don't want to get your hopes up, but at this point I think this sort of thing is worth following up. There is also a possbility this was only table chat (and thus can't be searched), but I'm pretty sure it was in a thread.

If someone could search Holdumgod, street, neighbouur, (city hes from), 25/50, stars, etc. on here that might yield some results. I would do it myself, but I'm terrible at 2+2 searches
Old 01-10-2007, 05:06 AM

Not the post I was talking about but relevant anyway:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...rue#Post6681773

[ QUOTE ]

Holdumgod's stars account was hacked a few weeks ago, and the hacker traded money with people on stars from holdumgod's stars account to the hacker's UB account. It turned out Steven Naftaly, a known scammer, was behind that [censored]. Seems like this practice is getting more common.

In the case I heard of, it involved $2200 and Pokerstars refunded the money.

It was also the reason why Dan Druffs account got temporarily blocked after receiving $0.01 from Holdumgod's hacked account, there was a huge thread about it here

[/ QUOTE ]

This was taken as a reply to this thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

This is the Dan Druff thread referred to in the quote:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

I think you should contact Druff either on 2+2 or better yet on www.neverwinpoker.com (he probably reads there more as he has his own forum). Its possible he might be able to help you.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:59 AM

HoldumGod was playing 200NL on a few tables last night, FWIW.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
HoldumGod was playing 200NL on a few tables last night, FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, his account hasn't been red flagged. I have emailed stars tonight and await their response.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:18 PM

Yeah, I had my Stars account shut down last year over a 1 cent transfer that was sent to me by Holdumgod. Apparently this occurred after the account was "compromised", so I was roped into the whole mess. Total joke. Stars should have realized that the penny transfer was obviously done for comedy, and that I wasn't a player in the scam. I understood them questioning me, but freezing my account for 3 days was over-the-top, given the likelihood that I was innocent (and my long, blemish-free history there.)

Anyway, back to the current situation.

I also find it highly unlikely that Holdumgod had his account "hacked" twice in one year. Either the guy is really stupid, or more likely he was involved the whole time.

The fact that Holdumgod transferred me a penny indicates that it's probably someone from neverwinpoker.com -- SteveDaPimp is a good guess. I'm afraid I don't have more info on him than the rest of you do.

I agree, Skipolo, this whole situation is a joke. I got my account frozen for receiving a penny, yet the guy involved in two major "account hackings" is allowed to play on. If I were you, I'd keep pressing Stars for an explanation about that one.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:20 AM

Pokerstars has yet to get back to me on why HoldumGod is still playing on their site and that account not being red-flagged/frozen. I hope to hear back from them tomorrow on this.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:28 AM

Hi Skipolo,

I just had a question for clarification. Where was your original conversation with HoldumGod initiated (when you were asked to review HH's)...on PokerStars or was it on AIM.

HoldumGod's involvement is very fishy, I was just wondering if its not necessarily his PS account thats being compromised, but just his AIM. Sorry if this has been blatantly covered already in one of your threads.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Skipolo,

I just had a question for clarification. Where was your original conversation with HoldumGod initiated (when you were asked to review HH's)...on PokerStars or was it on AIM.

HoldumGod's involvement is very fishy, I was just wondering if its not necessarily his PS account thats being compromised, but just his AIM. Sorry if this has been blatantly covered already in one of your threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked for his AIM name 3 weeks prior to the hacking. He gave me the AIM name over PS. I had been conversing with him for a few weeks. I talk to a lot of the high stakes guys on AIM so this was nothing out of the ordinary for me. I'm 100% positive it was him who sent me the virus. His "IM lingo" was the same as in the past during this particular evening. He talked the same, and asked me to review some HH's. I should have realized something was up when I did ask him to just type out the hands rather than send the HH via email. He was adament about emailing it. Also, in my mind, he verified it when he went on FT (in that 1st hour as EddieFelsonn) and played HU sngs, regular sngs and cash games (according to FT). Those are the same types of games he plays on Stars.

-Jared
Old 01-11-2007, 01:42 AM

Thanks Jared.

I can't believe that account is still playing. Amazes me.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Jared.

I can't believe that account is still playing. Amazes me.

I hope everything works out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your support. I hope that my posts/threads help others avoid such a nasty situation to be in.