Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 12:55 PM

Default Re: Asking out a girl from class I haven\'t really talked to

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm not just trying to bone her, I'd like to actually, you know, get to know her and show her what an awesome dude I am so she can like me on the merits of my character rather than as a result of playing mind games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop kidding yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people on this forum that aren't complete [censored] in regards to women. Gl GB.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Also, I'm not just trying to bone her, I'd like to actually, you know, get to know her and show her what an awesome dude I am so she can like me on the merits of my character rather than as a result of playing mind games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop kidding yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people on this forum that aren't complete [censored] in regards to women. Gl GB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes -- they're the ones who tend to be eternally single.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop kidding yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes -- they're the ones who tend to be eternally single.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach on brother.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 AM

goofy you're still my hero. now go out there and get that girl. do it. do it right now.

and tell her sensei sent you. (cue panties dropping)
Old 01-10-2007, 07:00 PM

I'm so lost and confused now...no idea what's happening whatsoever.

Like I said, on Saturday evening I called her and left a message. 40 hours pass, it's looking like she probably isn't going to call back. Monday morning I go to school for my first class and as I'm walking to the bookstore I pass by her (it's a big school fwiw, ~17k students); I didn't make eye contact with her so I'm not positive she saw me, but it did seem that one moment she was walking normally and the next she was walking with her head down. She was talking on her cell phone so I didn't bother trying to get her attention.

Obviously at this point you're saying "lol dude, suuure she didn't see you, keep telling yourself that"; at the time I figured she probably did see me and I read the situation for what it looked like, until 15 minutes later when I'm sitting down in class and she called me. She left a message, which consisted of:

"Hey goofyballer, it's redhead, I called you a little bit earlier but my phone got cut off, it was really weird. Anyway...yeah just give me a call back, I hope to hear from you soon!"

Obviously doesn't seem to be the words of someone that was avoiding me 15 minutes ago. Anyway, I call back a few hours later, voicemail, leave a message saying "hey, I guess we're playing phone tag, call me back." That brings us to today (Wednesday), still haven't heard from her. Just about an hour ago I'm leaving class and I see her walking towards me; again, she starts looking skittish, head down etc.; wtf??? She's not on her phone this time, so as she's walking by I say her name loud enough for her to hear and she doesn't even flinch, just keeps walking. What the [censored]?????

I'm beyond words. I have no [censored] clue what is going on. Anyone?
Old 01-10-2007, 07:41 PM

It sounds like she is stringing you along. I bet she met some dude who has been banging her while you were on break and before you had a chance to make a move and now she is confused and flakey.

Since it appears your schedules bring you two into proximity, I would charge her up the next time you see her and ask why she is avoiding you. Make it clear that you are mad about not having your calls returned and about the other day. She will probably profess innocence , but don't take it. Make it clear that you think she is a bad girl for acting like this. If she apologizes, don't accept the apology either, just keep going at her. Not yelling mind you, just in a stern tone. Then at the end, tell her that you two are going out that evening. If she offers some other day, refuse and tell her you are busy that night and any other night she offers and find some reason to leave. Hopefully, she will seek out your approval and find an excuse to meet up that night. Then you put some liqour in her and sex it up. Then you never call her again and maybe even try to do her friend, just because then they would probably get into a fight about it and that would be funny.

If nothing else, atleast you will make it look like you have a pair and save some face.

Essentially, you are using this part from a previous post " Don't just make her feel good. Make her feel good, and angry, and sad, and connected, and astonished, and intrigued, etc." Especially the sad, angry and astonished part.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:31 PM

FWIW, 4_2_it's reply in SSNL:

"Wow. Next time you talk to her, either via the phone or on campus, you need to ask her out. Skip the small talk and try to immediately seal the deal. Most girls respect guys who are direct.

Hard to know what she is doing here. She might like you, but her friend might also like you and she might feel guilty about being seen talking to you alone? Or she might be batshit crazy.

She also could be the type that hates to hurt any one's feelings so she will just try to dodge you until you give up.

Of course, she could also be more socially inept than you (not meant as an insult) and not know how to deal with someone shes likes.

She also could be seeing someone else.

This would be my plan (assuming you are still more interested in her than her friend). Seems like you know how to find her on campus. Just bump into her at the earliest opportunity (this will not seem odd to her because she has already seen you around) and ask her out. If she makes an excuse then you aren't likely ever getting anywhere.

If she doesn't respond soon, I'd call the friend. If the friend jumps at the chance to go out then that's probably the reason red is avoiding you.

Whatever you do, don't panic. After all, you are a busy guy who isn't worried about some girl calling him back [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]"
Old 01-10-2007, 09:30 PM

I really don't think this is a case of shy girl syndrome. If it were, she would have atleast put herself in front of you or called you back.

I suspect that your chances are already pretty low, if she were way into you, she wouldn't be playing stupid with the phone.

You should push the situation and find out one way or another, and don't use the phone. Even if you get rejected, it will make you feel better in the long run. I have never been a fan of phones for going after girls, because it encourages this kind of game playing, so confront her in person.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:12 AM

Stop being so [censored] desperate: There is nothing a woman hates more than a desperate guy. Act like you already have it, and you will get more of it. Act like you don't have it and really want it, and you won't get any. Pretty simple.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:20 AM

I've posted pretty much every communication I've had with her in this thread; which part of it would you call 'desperate'? From her POV, I called her like I said I would, returned her call, and yelled her name when I saw her on campus today. I'm struggling to see which of those is coming off as desperate. If you're referring to the existence of this thread, then 1. this thread doesn't affect my interactions with her 2. I'm trying to gain a deeper understanding of what the [censored] is going on because I'm an analytical person by nature.