Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 09:45 AM

Default Professional No Limit Hold\'em: Volume 1

Ed made a lengthy post talking up the new book on his blog.

Professional No Limit Hold'em: Volume 1
Old 01-10-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Professional No Limit Hold\'em: Volume 1

thanks for the link
Old 01-10-2007, 11:17 AM

I see Ed is very optimistic about the book but I wouldnt turn ecstatic about it before seeing it.
I remember Ed wrote similair optimistic comments about NLTAP and well... not only it wasnt ground breaking .. more like misleading I would say.
As both other authors have some real understanding of NL this book has much more chances of being really worthwhile imo. I just wonder how much is there really in "never published zone".. I have my doubts if somebody can come up with solid piece of advice - let it be 2 volumes - which would raise avg player game to the next level.
I sure hope the book will be great as I learnt long time ago that good players benefit more from good books than donks who will never learn no matter what [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2007, 11:25 AM

my expectations are so high right now

ed says in the article that he started understanding NLH after reading this book, so he was writeing NLHTAP(which is supposed to be the definitive book on the subject) while not even having a good grasp of NLH
Old 01-10-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just wonder how much is there really in "never published zone".. I have my doubts if somebody can come up with solid piece of advice - let it be 2 volumes - which would raise avg player game to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, and I look forward to your assessment of this comment after you've digested the Core section in volume 1.

I doubt you'll look at a no-limit hand the same way again.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

What is QFT? I think the abbreviations list needs updating.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is QFT? I think the abbreviations list needs updating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoted For Truth.

I still NEED these books. Good to see Ed get excited about the content. I'm ready for my lightbulb to go off so I can start crushing the NL games. 2005 I made good $$ playing 6-max limit. I spent most of 2006 playing 6-max NL games and pretty much broke even for the year. 2007, its time to start making mo $$ again.

Thanks OP for the link.

BB
Old 01-10-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just wonder how much is there really in "never published zone".. I have my doubts if somebody can come up with solid piece of advice - let it be 2 volumes - which would raise avg player game to the next level.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, and I look forward to your assessment of this comment after you've digested the Core section in volume 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

so this super secret formula has never been discussed before in print or on forums? Im sure something like must have come up at some point before. excuse the inner skeptic, but is there any sort of details u can provide here?

Is this something that say a winning player at the high stakes, maybe someone like Aba20 or Green Plastic may not even know? just curious thats all.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen most of the Core section (unedited) and it is information I have never seen touted before. I think most will be very pleased.

I have already begun adjusting how I play, and I haven't seen the entire book yet.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:39 PM

Location: Here I am, brain the size of a planet and I can\'t beat the 2 cent O/8 game on UB. Depressing, isn\'t it?

Is this going to another one of those books that make my head hurt? Hurry up, I gotta have it!!!