Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM

Default changing the deck.a file in the stars gx files?

I am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about changing these to match your deck file?

I can change the font on the deck file easy enough (using paint) but unfortunetly I have not found a way to get around the deck.a file. A little help would be much appreciated.

cheers
Old 01-04-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: changing the deck.a file in the stars gx files?

You need to download the pokerstars theme integration guide:

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/down...1%5D.9.3.5.zip

in there is an exe file mskmgr.exe - run this on the command line to convert compressed *.a.bmp files into a useful format.

It changes the *.a.bmp files (alpha masks) to a standard bitmap format viewable and editable in painshop pro (my choice) photoshop, mspaint or whatever. You do not need to convert them back brfore use, but you can if you want to save tiny amounts of storage space.

An alphamask appears as a black & white image - black = no transparency, white = 100% transparent, shades of grey = semi transparent.

Good Luck,

dave.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM

thanks a bunch dave. after thinking about your "change the card backs" post in another thread, I have gone nuts with my cards, and this helps a bunch. cheers

ya own, as usual [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-05-2007, 12:16 AM

wow, I really thought I might be able to fumble my way through this but I am pretty stuck, and I cannot seem to google anything that is helping, so of course I ask here [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

ok, I need the pretty simple version of what you mention above.

I got the mskmgr.exe, but now I am a little lost. I DC it, but nothing happens. I tried to open a command window (start\run\command) but I really am pretty cluless as to what exactly I am supposed to type in there.

sigh, this feals like a bad session of old school final fantasy 4. I need to get to the castle to get the rat tail and age here dave [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

anyways, I am not too sure what to do once I open the command prompt. I have created deck.a and deck1.a(to work on, as suggested by the PS guide, but thats where I am at)

thanks for any help you can throw my way, cheers as always [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 11:21 AM

rather than messing with the mskmgr file, which requires some basic understanding of DOS commands - try this.

Save your deck.bmp file (assuming it is black and white) as deck.a.bmp BUT make sure you save it as GRAYSCALE.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rather than messing with the mskmgr file, which requires some basic understanding of DOS commands - try this.

Save your deck.bmp file (assuming it is black and white) as deck.a.bmp BUT make sure you save it as GRAYSCALE.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had thought about something like this, but it didn't work out. how do I accomplish the greyscale? I think this is why it didn't work out. I use mspaint to modify.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:05 AM

when you "Save as" you should have an option of file types. MSPaint, I believe, refers to it as monochrome (rather than grayscale) but I can't guarantee it.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:01 PM

ya, tried that, didn't work. oh well, thanks for tryin bar. I appreciate it.