Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:41 AM

Default .50/1 6-max Fun hand...multiway and deep

OK...so I'm not too experienced this deep and am looking for a critique of my play in this hand. Is my line good/bad/indifferent? What other options could/should be considered throughout the hand? I felt it largely played itself, but as stated, am not too experienced this deep, so enlighten me.

UTG is playing 72/15/1.25 over 400ish hands, but is not completely terrible post flop. He doesn't get too involved without somewhat solid values and hasn't attempted any big moves that I know of. The short stacks are irrelevent, but both are pretty bad. I'm playing TAGish, 20/11/3.5 over 400ish at the table and UTG for sure sees me as tight. We have tangled a few times, but nothing huge, and I have won most of our confrontations.

Ultimate Bet
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50./$1.
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $347.50
HERO: $437.60
Button: $159.15
SB: $37.50
BB: $67.60

Pre-flop: (5 players) HERO is CO with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $4.5</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($18, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $18</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">HERO raises to $100</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB calls all-in $33</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $63.1</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($332.1, 2 players + 2 all-in - Main pot: $150, Sidepot 1: $144.3, Sidepot 2: $37.8)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $50</font>, HERO calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($432.1, 2 players + 2 all-in - Main pot: $150, Sidepot 1: $144.3, Sidepot 2: $137.8)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $193</font>, HERO folds.
Old 01-09-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Re: .50/1 6-max Fun hand...multiway and deep

nh
Old 01-09-2007, 05:06 AM

with your read, i think you played the hand perfect. Nice fold.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:30 PM

Here are some more specific questions about this hand...maybe they can spark some discussion.

Can any consideration be given to just pushing the flop, or to raising less?

The donk bet on the flush completing turn from a guy who called twice on the flop...how often is this a flush and how often a blocking type bet? Can any consideration be given to raising the turn, or is it just suicide?

Am I ever ahead on the river? If so, how often? Is the river decision close at all?

Keep in mind, that although he hasn't seemed to get involved with inadequate values, villian is still 72/15/1.25, so he is obv not too good.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:50 PM

as played nh.

I think pushing the flop is a little results oriented. We wanted UTG's stack when we flopped a set. Unfortunatly, the board didn't co-operate. Sure pushing would have folded UTG out unless he was holding TT,66 or 98 and we'd have been left with only the shorties to deal with. However, on the flop when it came to you there was only $54 in the pot and you had no clue if SB and BB were coming along for the ride.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as played nh.

I think pushing the flop is a little results oriented. We wanted UTG's stack when we flopped a set. Unfortunatly, the board didn't co-operate. Sure pushing would have folded UTG out unless he was holding TT,66 or 98 and we'd have been left with only the shorties to deal with. However, on the flop when it came to you there was only $54 in the pot and you had no clue if SB and BB were coming along for the ride.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it may be a little results oriented, as a matter of fact this whole post may be results oriented, and I didn't push so I didn't think it was best at the time (and I still don't personally). However I am just trying to weigh all my options in the hand and was checking to see if anyone would play any street differently. Glad to see that so far no one thinks my deep stack play is as bad as it could be due to my lack of experience.

I am not concerned with the short stacks at all as any reasonable raise by me would put them all in. I am about as positive as is possible that UTG does not have 66, TT, or 98, as he would have surely raised on this wet of a board 4 handed, does that change anything? Also, I am not positive that UTG would fold everything except these 3 hands as his range pf includes any 2 suited...