Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hottest Centerfold Ever?
December '68 10 100.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2007, 06:21 PM

Default Re: college beat

[ QUOTE ]
OMG IDK WHAT I'M GOING TO DO?!? THE PEOPLE GETTING GIVE ME DEGREES WITH 2.0's ARE COMING IN MASSES. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WILL STAND OUT LESS IF I HAVE A 4.0?

Don't be bitter cause you work for your 2.0 and no one else does. It's really not hard to succeed over people barely getting by. I'm sorry you feel threatened by them. Personally, I could care less if everyone in the country could get a degree with a 2.0 GPA, because well, I'll do better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I don't feel threatened by anyone and you don't know [censored] about me or my GPA, so [censored] you and your [censored] assumptions.

Second, the world doesn't revolve around you, and nothing in my post says I give a [censored] if *you* stand out against a low-scoring student. If you think I was concerned about your ability--or even an intelligent person's ability--to succeed in life, your reading comprehension must only rival that of an average houseplant. Peoeple who are in a position to hire others for a low-level positions would most likely prefer someone with at least some demonstrated work ethic. Handing out degrees to jerk-offs like OP prevents an honest 2.0 student from demonstrating that on paper. (Sorry they didn't teach you to think that far ahead when you were "earning" your 4.0)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
OMG IDK WHAT I'M GOING TO DO?!? THE PEOPLE GETTING GIVE ME DEGREES WITH 2.0's ARE COMING IN MASSES. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I WILL STAND OUT LESS IF I HAVE A 4.0?

Don't be bitter cause you work for your 2.0 and no one else does. It's really not hard to succeed over people barely getting by. I'm sorry you feel threatened by them. Personally, I could care less if everyone in the country could get a degree with a 2.0 GPA, because well, I'll do better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I don't feel threatened by anyone and you don't know [censored] about me or my GPA, so [censored] you and your [censored] assumptions.

Second, the world doesn't revolve around you, and nothing in my post says I give a [censored] if *you* stand out against a low-scoring student. If you think I was concerned about your ability--or even an intelligent person's ability--to succeed in life, your reading comprehension must only rival that of an average houseplant. Peoeple who are in a position to hire others for a low-level positions would most likely prefer someone with at least some demonstrated work ethic. Handing out degrees to jerk-offs like OP prevents an honest 2.0 student from demonstrating that on paper. (Sorry they didn't teach you to think that far ahead when you were "earning" your 4.0)

[/ QUOTE ]

Work ethic and 2.0 should not be in the same sentence. LOL. Some people are stoooppid. I'm sorry you had a hard time earning that 2.0
Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 PM

Glad you seemed to have learned a few things, OP.

Still don't know how anyone can get a D in undergrad in 2007. Hell, Harvard graduates 80% of their seniors cum laude due to grade inflation, it's absurd. [but Yay for them...]

Like a lot of college students, I spent years partying, working on a tan, chasing girls, drinking heavily, and bar/clubhopping until 3am most nights. I didn't think it was possible to get below a C in college anymore.

Luckily, once you start working no one cares about grades esp if you worked thru college as well. Then there's grad school....pass/fail FTW baby! No Gpa and no class rank rules. Look into it, OP.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Still don't know how anyone can get a D in undergrad in 2007. Hell, Harvard graduates 80% of their seniors cum laude due to grade inflation, it's absurd. [but Yay for them...]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, they fixed this. It's only about 50% now, despite the stereotypes to the contrary.

I like what someone posted earlier - grad school is where anything real is determined anyway. Both students with 2.0's, whether they tried hard or not, will not get into many, so it's a moot point. A bachelor's degree is so common nowadays that there's no reason to get angry that the guy is going to get one. Paul Fussell's book Class goes into the trend of the cheapening of college degrees well, and that was written in the 80's. Pretty much all it guarantees nowadays is that you can have a job indoors if you want one, with a chair to your own name. So, live and let live, I'd say. Trying to sabotage the OP, regardless of whether you personally had to pay your way, study your way through college or not, is pretty despicable.

Speaking of college ... why am I typing this ...
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
citanul and evenkeal,

you are both huge [censored] douchebags and i kind of hope you get hit by a bus

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW! I know what citanul and evenkeal did was mean but wishing death upon them just for that IS A HUGE DOUCHE MOVE! You are really a lowlife scumbag [censored]!

c'mon everyone lets gang up on him now.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be bitter cause you work for your 2.0

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you had a hard time earning that 2.0

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd be a lot funnier with new material.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care one way or another, but I didn't see anyone else make this point.

As a moderator of this message board, you are representing 2+2. Offering several cash bounties in reward for the harassment of cheer could leave 2+2 and you personally open for litigation.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it really couldn't. Jesus, I know kids these days love throwing around lawsuit threats, but I could email all of cheer's professors insulting him and he wouldn't have the slightest leg to stand upon.

2 quick things about suing someone for defmation(and cheer, pay attention):

1. There have to be damages
2. Truth is an absolute defense

It's a lot more complicated than that, but there you go. If you can explain how anyone lied and from their lie they damaged cheer. And then link it to citunal. And then link it from citunal to 2+2. The chain of causality ranging from David Sklansky to Evenkeal's hilarious attempt at gradecockblocking is like a million people long, and none of them broke the law.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am still in school. I went to the dean's office and she determined that I still "deserve" to be in enrolled. Apparently my grades weren't bracketed correctly and I actually have a higher GPA then they thought.

I win.

[/ QUOTE ]

POTT (post of the thread)

nh cheer
Old 03-22-2007, 07:09 PM

wow i just realised this all happened ages ago.... why did i just read it
Old 03-22-2007, 07:22 PM

update: (after spring break)

grade
3xxx Econ: A (2nd highest grade in my class)
2xxx Acct: A (97%)
1xxx Rhet: A-
1xxx ESPM: B

College is actually pretty easy when I take the time to go to classes.