Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Largest Loss

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.... the worst feeling in poker: Lying awake in bed, heart still beating from the adrenaline, feeling naueseous as your drunkeness shifts to hangover, with the sunrising over a new day.

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly this has happened to me too many times in the past 3 months. I finally got fed up with it and threw out the liquor in my house and am trying to get back on track. Its apparently not working though.

Old 12-20-2006, 06:50 PM

dude, graph in $$$$. you should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah.... the worst feeling in poker: Lying awake in bed, heart still beating from the adrenaline, feeling naueseous as your drunkeness shifts to hangover, with the sunrising over a new day.

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly this has happened to me too many times in the past 3 months. I finally got fed up with it and threw out the liquor in my house and am trying to get back on track. Its apparently not working though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly strict with myself now about just playing donkaments or stud when drinking.... it's actually pretty funny the next day after you stayed up till 4 because you "just have to get even" at 3/6 limit stud.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It was a sick game, flopped 23 sets and lost them all, game was full of fish, donkey and fishonkeys (fish donkey hybrid) and they all put me on mega tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]zzzzzzz lies
Old 12-25-2006, 06:14 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It was a sick game, flopped 23 sets and lost them all, game was full of fish, donkey and fishonkeys (fish donkey hybrid) and they all put me on mega tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]zzzzzzz lies

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming (conservatively) you have 75% equity when you flop a set the odds of this are roughyl 70 trillion to 1
Old 12-28-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The worst feeling? IMO that is the best feeling you can get from poker besides winning a 1200 bb pot (in unlimited hold them). It really shows you how much you still have to learn when you get that feeling (that is why I think it is the best feeling).
Old 01-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Does it count if you saw someone take bigger loss? I was kibitzing the Stars 1K/2K game a few days ago. How about $160K in 7 hours? There's close to $1 million in chips on the table. Some guy with a baby-faced avatar, seminolesfan, I think his name was, sits down with $380K. 7 hours later he was down to $220K.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM

Funny you mention that, because about 30 minutes after you posted, he was getting murdered in the 200/400 game. As this abortion was taking place, he would type lines such as "you're too good". "i can't believe i'm getting owned by a newb". "want to play 5/10?" that said, to his credit, he did eventually say "i know when i'm beat, i'm beat, i'm done". To make himself feel better, he did bring in the rest of his 400k roll (which was less then 400k by the time he left).

Generally tho, i think he is a good player, better heads up as opposed to 6handed (in my opinion)
Old 01-10-2007, 06:03 PM

Gee, some real nice observations here. Never have I lost 160k in a session. The first time I sat in the game, I brought in 350k total...meaning I WON 30k...actually it was 34,656 when I left. Nemo234 got up and left, so I followed. I later came back and bought in again. That session I WON 15,222 (buying in for 200k and leaving with 215k). I like the "7 hours later he was down to 220k" I mean did you not even realize I probably got up somewhere along that time...not to mention, I was sitting in a different seat? Somewhere in there I don't see losing 160k, but nice attempted bash on a game you knew nothing about. The post by quadT is true though (some of it). I did get owned by a newb, but I did not bring in my entire roll.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:34 PM

mostly to ali(indigoae on stars)

we crossbooked at 100% at 5/10(basically playing 1k/2k except when HU we were playing 1500/3k) also had all kinds of crazy props and stuff going too, it was fun!

that would be my biggest unless you count a -280k swing in a session where i only lost 60k