Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt\'s latest reply which is simply appauling

[ QUOTE ]
This is a terrible idea. Brining this to the media is probably the worst thing in this entire thread.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-10-2007, 03:13 PM

If you contact the media I would imagine FT will dig themselves in and not release any more information. Bad idea in my opinion.

Because of these threads I am also getting second thoughts playing at FT. This is seriously [censored] up.
Best of luck with retrieving the money.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:15 PM

I am sure they sare saying it's a great deal meaning 6:5 on his $.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:16 PM

The only thing the media would do with the information,if anything, is to make a story about how congress was wise in passing the legislation to protect poker players from unscrupulous offshore companies. It would be true in this case, but not a positive for poker in general, and would probably not help getting the money anyways. I understand your frustration and you have my sympathies on losing such a lot of money. Like others have stated, I am watching this thread closely, and if they don't eventually come through I will close my Full Tilt account. It is just foolish to keep a lot of money on a site that has such bad customer service and doesn't answer emails until it's too late.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:17 PM

I agree that it would only hurt online poker in general. But there has to be a point where these irresponsible pokersites have got to suffer the consequences of their own incompetence/indifference. And this is really the only reasonable recourse.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:19 PM

BTW: Full Tilt has failed to reply to 3 more of my emails with the further questions I had for them. My emails were sent 16, 13, and 12 hours ago, with the last one pertaining to questions regarding the email sent to Brian.

Jared
Old 01-10-2007, 03:20 PM

DonB,

Very true.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i read it to say the the person accepting the transfer was getting a "great deal" at 6:5 on his money.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is correct, he is referring to the fact that he is getting a good deal on his $$, but I think he's just trying to explain what would motivate a player to put themselves at risk and make this kind of shady deal
Old 01-10-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that it would only hurt online poker in general. But there has to be a point where these irresponsible pokersites have got to suffer the consequences of their own incompetence/indifference. And this is really the only reasonable recourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true but I don't see it as more than a small local story at best. That wouldn't hurt FT yet anti poker forces would cite it every chance they got to further their agenda. These threads seem to have brought out quite a few long time members with low post counts. That is a good sign that this problem is being widely read and discussed . By the way skipolo I just fired off an email to Full Tilt supporting a more vigilant investigation and better communication with you. I made them aware I may cancel my account. I am not a huge player like some here but usually keep 5-10 k on FT and I believe fear of losing volume players is the only thing that will resolve this. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true but I don't see it as more than a small local story at best. That wouldn't hurt FT yet anti poker forces would cite it every chance they got to further their agenda. These threads seem to have brought out quite a few long time members with low post counts. That is a good sign that this problem is being widely read and discussed . By the way skipolo I just fired off an email to Full Tilt supporting a more vigilant investigation and better communication with you. I made them aware I may cancel my account. I am not a huge player like some here but usually keep 5-10 k on FT and I believe fear of losing volume players is the only thing that will resolve this. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for your support. I just cannot believe the responses that FT is giving along w/ the fact that I've sent off about 18 emails over the last 4 days with only 3-4 replies by them. 3 emails I sent last night had different questions. None of these emails did I use improper tone or come off as belligerent. Yet, none were replied to.