Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: Nice/Romantic Restaurants in Seattle?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jak's in West Seattle Do take the advice on CitySearch re: quickness of service. They don't care if you have a linger but it might feel rushed if they don't know that is what you are in for. My favorite steaks in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jak's is awesome. We usually hit up the Issaquah one. I don't know if the atmosphere qualifies as "romantic", compared to merely being a cool place to go. Maybe better suited for a nice birthday dinner, new job celebration, etc.

Best steaks around, and the UFO potato option is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god, no. Daniel's steaks are much better. I am not impressed with Jak's at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you've gotten a rare bad experience, or have an odd taste in steaks. Jak's is excellent, for a decent price. For romantic, I like Daniel's Leschi location. Six Seven is pretty darn nice too. Drinks are insanely overpriced.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:28 PM

I really like this place on Broadway - Bleu Bistro.

http://www.seattleweekly.com/food/re...bleubistro.php
Old 01-10-2007, 01:09 PM

It's been a while since I lived in Seattle but the restaurants don't seem to have changed that much.

I like Tom Douglas a lot, Dahlia Lounge for a first date, Palace Kitchen after that.

El Gaucho's not really romantic, it's a super cool steak house but not for someone who doesn't like steak.

Mistral is a good pick. Flying Fish is kind of similar, a bit less fancy.

Marco's Supper Club is fun.

Yelp says Rover's or Herb Farm.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Jak's in West Seattle Do take the advice on CitySearch re: quickness of service. They don't care if you have a linger but it might feel rushed if they don't know that is what you are in for. My favorite steaks in town.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jak's is awesome. We usually hit up the Issaquah one. I don't know if the atmosphere qualifies as "romantic", compared to merely being a cool place to go. Maybe better suited for a nice birthday dinner, new job celebration, etc.

Best steaks around, and the UFO potato option is awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good god, no. Daniel's steaks are much better. I am not impressed with Jak's at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you've gotten a rare bad experience, or have an odd taste in steaks. Jak's is excellent, for a decent price. For romantic, I like Daniel's Leschi location. Six Seven is pretty darn nice too. Drinks are insanely overpriced.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, agreed on Jaks. Maybe the locations differ or something, but the Issaquah one has always been awesome. I'd easily dare to say better steak than what I had at Delmonicos in Vegas (better sides at Delmonicos though), or Nine in Chicago. Less expensive as well.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:47 PM

Jak's reminds me of a fast food steak restaurant. No reservations, quick service, and a hurried meal. The steaks are decent, but I would rather pay another $20 for an El Gaucho steak and feel like I can take my time and enjoy my meal.

I also spent the evening vomiting after going to Jak's once a couple of years ago. My wife insists it was the Booker's, but I didn't drink enough to make me sick.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jak's reminds me of a fast food steak restaurant. No reservations, quick service, and a hurried meal. The steaks are decent, but I would rather pay another $20 for an El Gaucho steak and feel like I can take my time and enjoy my meal.

I also spent the evening vomiting after going to Jak's once a couple of years ago. My wife insists it was the Booker's, but I didn't drink enough to make me sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez, I must always hit Jak's at the right time. The only two times I remember time being an issue is when they took to LONG. Anyway, I stand by my original statement. I think Jak's steaks are just as good as El Gaucho's or the Met's, in any case, the cost/benefit definitely favors Jaks.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:54 AM

Seattle peeps,

Which of these are near Greenwood? What would you recommend for a casual/nice take a friend to dinner type place? $20-25ish entrees.

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2007, 06:01 PM

All,

A few of you PM'd/IM'd me recs, thanks. Ended up going to a place my friend knew about, Eva in "Tangletown."

Another link: Eva

We had the Cabrales Flan (OMFG SO GREAT) and I had the rabbit loin w/ chorizo bread pudding (SOSOSOSO DELICIOUS). Was excellent.

Entrees were in the $15-20 range. Very nice and reasonably priced wine list by the glass or bottle.

I'd definitely recommend this restaurant.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:07 PM

I have never heard of that neighborhood referred to as Tangletown in my life. I must be tragically unhip.

I am pretty sure I could live on chorizo bread pudding the rest of my life though...god that sounds good.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never heard of that neighborhood referred to as Tangletown in my life. I must be tragically unhip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. Although I'm not sure how I would define that area.