Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Confused - bubble strategy against weak players.

Sorry, this is quite basic but I haven't played sng's for quite a while and really struggled with this, when playing a couple tonight.

Get to the bubble, and it is quite clear that none of the other players have a clue about basic bubble strategy (I'm no expert but I understand the fundamentals) ridiculous plays like chip leader with 5k folding small blind at 400/800 level to give a guy with 3k a walk when there is a shorty with 900, no consideration of stack sizes when calling etc...

But here is my problem, I need to tighten up my pushing range because the calling range is really wide, at the same time I am trying to keep my calling range tight esp against bigger stacks, so how the hell do I pick up the chips to win the damn thing?
Old 01-10-2007, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Confused - bubble strategy against weak players.

If the other players are very loose you'll gain $EV when they call each other loose. You obviously have to tighten your pushing (and probably calling too) but there are still profitable pushes to be made. If you aren't getting any cards and you think you're getting called very loose you can't push, you just have to wait for different kinds of mistakes from the other players like calling each other looser than optimal. Stealing blinds with bad cards isn't all there is to winning/ITM'ing.