Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: World of Warcraft : I don\'t get it ???

the game ate 1 year of my life (i think it was exactly one year when i realised that) and i cancelled the account.
i was one of those people who went raiding and killed the uber ragnaros and all of the other elites (server firsts). those seemed to be such great times, i was dreaming at night "WOW, WE KILLED RAGNAROS FIRST ON THE SERVER, ZOMG!"
SO [censored] STUPID!
it's a complete waste of time.
only one thing is good, the PVP part, that is fun (but not in big chunks, got to knight lieutenant or something before i quit). i still have the account and i play like one month every 3-4 months just for PVP or some new stuff they added (although i get my ass kicked in pvp now).
my characters were the [censored] when i quit, i think i shouldve sold the account or something like that, it wouldve been +EV but now it's kinda worthless.
I WAS THE SERVER IMBA WARLOCK! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img])
anyways, DONT PLAY WOW, if it gets to you, you wont even notice the months passing by and then you wake up and realise what a waste of time everything you did was.
i think that a 2 week trial is enough of this game, although i must say that at the beggining i enjoyed leveling (bought it the first day it hit europe) so everyone's level was low and it was kinda fun all the long way to lvl 60. i think that was the only good part, being the first there, and everyone including yourself being at aprox. the same level and i was like WOW YOU HAVE A BLUE ITEM or someone found for the first time some nice EPIC ITEM.
that was fun (especially when i hit the lvl 36 epic staff at some mob and was the only one with it) - astonishing how stupid you can be that you can be proud of something it doesnt exist lol...
anyways, this is my story, learn from it and dont let it get you, ive done everything in the game that there was to do, raiding 6 hours a day and all that and it JUST WASNT WORTH IT!
GOOD LUCK
Old 01-08-2007, 02:38 PM

Good Lord, if you are an addictive personality you are going to find something to obsess over, be it WOW, on-line poker, or coin collecting. Calling a game good or bad because you don't know how to manage your time with it is dumb. What isn't a waste of time? How is WOW more or less of a waste of time than any other hobby? Try it. If you like it great if you don't great. If you spend all of your spare time at it to the point where you start to affect your job or real relationships then see a damn counselor.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
those seemed to be such great times, i was dreaming at night "WOW, WE KILLED RAGNAROS FIRST ON THE SERVER, ZOMG!"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it's a complete waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuff like this cracks me up. If you enjoyed it for 11 months of the year you played, why is it suddenly a waste of time having played those 11 months? Just because you realize that you no longer enjoy it and that you didn't "get much" out of it...Who cares? What does that possibly matter?

If your hobby is ANY videogame, you will have nothing to show for it in the end....What makes WoW any different?

If you ENJOY 11 months of gaming and then hate the last month, I don't understand how that means it was "a waste." You ENJOYED the moments you had in those 11 months...that is what life is about...I don't see how a changed perspective makes it any different.....

Am I the only one who thinks this way?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What isn't a waste of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

so true..... mass suicide anyone?
Old 01-08-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What isn't a waste of time?

[/ QUOTE ]

so true..... mass suicide anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

The grape Kool-aid covers the almond taste.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:18 PM

I played like 30 minutes of WoW last night.

Seems like a solid game, I'm not wild about the stepn'fetchit type quests at the start.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I played like 30 minutes of WoW last night.

Seems like a solid game, I'm not wild about the stepn'fetchit type quests at the start.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of quests are like that. Usually it's get the thing by killing a bunch of things, take this message to a new area to explore, or just kill a bunch of stuff. Later on you can get some quests to gather stuff that doesn't involve killing stuff, but it is fairly rare. Not a lot of puzzle quests that aren't based on not knowing where the thing you are trying to kill is. Eh, it's a living.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good Lord, if you are an addictive personality you are going to find something to obsess over, be it WOW, on-line poker, or coin collecting. Calling a game good or bad because you don't know how to manage your time with it is dumb. What isn't a waste of time? How is WOW more or less of a waste of time than any other hobby? Try it. If you like it great if you don't great. If you spend all of your spare time at it to the point where you start to affect your job or real relationships then see a damn counselor.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, it counted a lot that fyance was playing too i guess and we were both "in the zone" when it came to WoW.
the waste of time part didnt reffer to me in that time (in that year) i was thking i rule then, after it finished i realised it was a waste of time, i couldve done better things. my point was that a game which takes over you like that it will eventually be a waste of time (and it's not just me saying this, like 80% of my guildmates have taken a break too during the last year).
i sucked for playing so damn much, and when i was playing i felt good, but now looking back i realised what i did and what i lost (like i couldve played poker instead).
sorry to have made you angry with my above post.
Old 01-10-2007, 02:38 AM

I found a video explaining WOW (watched about 1/3rd of it), it's informative.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5707&q=wow

edit: there's some ridiculously huge dragon in it also
Old 01-12-2007, 05:09 AM

I think im pretty lucky, i took up that 2 week trial and ultimately ended up buying another month. That month of time just ended and i have a total of 10 days played (a [censored] of time afk though) and i am a lvl 35 tauren warrior on duskwood. i say im lucky because i guess duskwood got split like a week before i started playing. so there were hardly any people on and the real group of friends i managed to luckily make while low level instancing and stuff decided at lvl 30 to move to a pvp server. in the past couple weeks my interest has died down on it, but for a good few weeks i was definitely addicted. staying up all night playing. at 35 now i just feel like its a grind and i realized theres nothing to really look forward to until 60 (well maybe 40 when i would get a mount too...if i grinded some more gold) and also 70 with the new expansion. i play lacrosse in college and im holding myself back in a way because this game is addictive and i have an addictive personality. i never thought id get into a mmporg, although i have been playing games for a very long time, but mostly FPS shooters, namely quake 3. i got very into diablo 2 for a while though (two lvl 99's) so it doesnt really surprise me. im glad in a way that i dont feel the desire to play at all anymore, but that might just be because ive taken up poker lately and im a broke ass college student. [censored] playing wow in college too it just eats up time you should be doing drugs and banging girls.