Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 PM

Default Re: 4 months in a row

[ QUOTE ]

PS: Post some hands. I have a friend who is going through a "I can't win a race" streak as well. i am going to analyze a couple of tournament histories for him to see why he was getting it all-in in a race situation so much.

It's possible that the 25+ coinflips you've lost there might have been a different way to play those hands. Post 'em!

Obviously your opponent had you covered in many of those situations. Why? More importantly, look for hands where you either had to make a big laydown or lost a large chunk of your stack well before the bubble.

MTTs are not stay tight and maintain your stack until you go into push fold mode and then hope to double up. The tournaments I do well I have built my stack to the point where the bubble isn't even a factor except for noticing other players who are just trying to survive the bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand, sir.

Equally important and somewhat less obvious is to look for spots where you should have gambled earlier but didn't. You are always going to be flipping coins. You should be flipping, or accidentally falling into flip situations (on failing FE pushes) to increase your stack earlier in tourneys as well, when you're not risking "your tournament life", or when that life means a little less.

I'm pretty sure this is important. I'll have more to say about it later.

D.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:19 PM

Addiction,

Bear in mind HOW STREAKY MTT tourneys are. The BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD could go 100 tourneys in a row without cashing, let alone winning.

Drop back a bit, play $1 tourneys so losing won't hurt you so much until you get your spirit/confidence up. Also try the freerolls too.

Hang in there. There is alot of luck involved in tourneys, and luck is completely out of your control. All you can do is choose which cards you start with...

Gl to you...

p.s. ignore those who call you a troll or laugh at you. There are alot of ignorant people at 2+2 ... Remember enough of us know how you feel...
Old 01-17-2007, 08:36 PM

You should never really completely lose your bank roll... At $600, you should be playing the microlimits... $4 to $5 max buyins. I'd start playing $10's once you get up to $1000.00, if you drop down to $400 or so, start playing the $1-$3 buy ins... Stay at the lowest level until your consistently winning... then move up...
I know of many pros who have never went broke... those who manage their roll properly...