Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Need some ski trip planning help

I posted about this a while back but OOT suggested waiting until spring for a ski trip.

It's just my girlfriend and me and we're both skiing noobs. I'm currently looking at the Salt Lake City area (flying from TX if it matters) and leving during spring break. We would've preferred to avoid crowds, but unfortunately spring break was the only time it worked for both of us.

Any resort / hotel suggestions? Obviously we would like it to be relatively affordable, and having lodging with a free shuttle service to beginner-friendly resorts would be nice. I've seen some places advertising ~200/night for lodging + lift tickets, how much are lift tickets usually anyway? Are package deals the way to go?

Going to need to look into ski gear rental as well.

Oh yeah, I plan on popping the big question during the trip as well so private or romantic spots would be nice too. Any suggestions would be appreciated. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: Need some ski trip planning help

Park City or the Canyons would be great choices around SLC.

don't go to Alta (mostly for experts) or Snowbird (not much there).

can't help you much on prices to those places, just shop around. call the resorts themselves for package deals, then shop around to see if you can beat those with private rentals (you'll be able to, but with a bit more hassle)
Old 01-09-2007, 03:19 PM

if you're going to have a car anyways check out the ogden area, snowbasin or powder mountain. These are much more of a locals type places, so the lodging/lift prices are lower and if you're a beginner/novice they both have plenty to offer (snowbasin has a lot to offer anyone). A lot less tourists which means less clubs/bars and stuff but more quiet and much less crowded (especially during holidays). I lived there over five years ago but if I had to guess I'd say your lodging+lift tickets will be about 20-30% higher at the SLC resorts.

There are plenty of rental places either at the resorts or in huntsville, the town between the two resorts. snowbasin is <1 hr from the SLC airport, powder is around 1.25 hrs.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:39 PM

You should probably come to Steamboat Springs like all of your other countrymen from Texas.

James